We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Making stencils, sillhouette portrait?

munmyoftwomunmyoftwo Member Posts: 1
Hi I’m looking into purchasing the portrait 2.
I’m mainly wanting to cut stencils and wondering if the portrait can cut script font into laminate paper? Or is there another way to make stencils using the portrait 2?
I’ve seen people use laminate to cut stencils with the cameo but not been able to find out if you can with the portrait 2.
Thanks!

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,343
    munmyoftwo - so if a cutter can cut, and it can cut the media you want to cut, what it cuts is a moot point, in regards to whether it's a square or circle, or a font. =) so yes, the Portrait should be capable of cutting what you want...the early Silhouettes like the Portrait really did a great job on detailed cuts, like a script font.  I am wondering why you want to cut laminate. I have never heard of anyone cutting laminate for stencils, as it is generally affixed to paper or other product using heat, run through a laminating machine. Most people use mylar or similar product, they spray it with a repositional spray glue, then use it, then peel the mylar off and it can be used over and over again.

Hope that is helpful!