We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cuts Slide

HoneyPhantomhiveHoneyPhantomhive Member Posts: 2
edited July 18 in General
I'm not sure how to explain this, but when I make a large set of cuts, the vinyl or mat always slides. My most recent project requires extreme detail and even one mistake could mess the whole thing up. I have circles around (some) problem areas. I taped down the vinyl with masking tape so it wouldn't do this. Any ideas?

For reference, this is what the cut is supposed to look like:

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,359
    @HoneyPhantomhive - welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum where we support the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters.

Please tell us what cutter you are using. Slipping mats may mean that the blade tip is too exposed or too much pressure is applied, and its catching and dragging things. It can mean that the pinch wheels that hold the mat are not in the right position, the pinch wheels should only ride on the edges of the mat, one pinch wheel on the left and one pinch wheel on the right and no pinch wheels on the material being AT ALL. Or the pinch wheels are not properly positioned on the shaft, ie some cutters have gritty areas where the pinch wheels would go, if the pinch wheel is not on there properly, the mat will skew.
  • HoneyPhantomhiveHoneyPhantomhive Member Posts: 2
    @Liz_A

I am using a Silhouette Cameo 3. I have a premium blade set at 2 with a thickness of 10. The pinch wheels aren't on the material and are in the right position.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,359
    edited July 20
    @HoneyPhantomhive - start testing a small shape like a donut shape with the setting at 1 for the blade. The thickness term is now changed to Force, that's how much pressure is being applied in a downward motion by the cutter - 10 definitely sounds way too high for vinyl. Start with the lowest pressure setting, as on any cutter I have had when cutting vinyl it is usually the lowest pressure setting. You have the settings correct when you can lift off the donut or whatever shape you tested without it sticking anywhere in the path, and there are no blade marks or cuts into the bottom carrier sheet of the vinyl.