We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Greyed-out zip files

StaceyMichelleStaceyMichelle Member Posts: 1
Why does my Cricut font ( from Dafont )zip files appear grayed out on my iPad ?

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,223
    Hi Stacey and welcome to the support forum for 3rd party cutting software Make The Cut. MTC works with a variety of cutters, but not directly with the Cricut line, as a result you probably won’t find too many users here to answer questions on that setup.

That said, as an owner of an IPad, I was curious about adding new fonts and went googling. One thing to first note, you seem to indicate that the font came from Dafont but it is in a zipped file. Are you sure it was from Dafont, as I don’t recall that site zipping files. Second, if it is zipped, it would not be useable until you unzip and install it in your font viewer/reader same as on a computer thus why it would probably be grayed out. I did find this article that may provide the help/info. You need as it relates to the Cricut program and adding fonts on your iPad.  https://www.creativecuttingclassroom.com/blogpost/add-fonts-to-ipad-iphone
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,359
    @MeFlick - dafont zips their download files, often there is a Readme.txt in the file.