We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

can someone explain how I can cut this please?!

cath1024cath1024 Member Posts: 12
I am trying to cut these mountains out so they can be laser cut and attached onto a wood circle .... I would like to get rid of the extra that is not on the circle and then cut out each mountain individually so I can then just attach them (like a puzzle) onto the wood circle. I tried and got the extra cut off but I am left with the bottom of the circle cut off as well and the mountains are attached to the main circle which i want on its own. Does anyone understand what I am talking about?
The first picture (in colour) is how I start, the second picture is what I am left with and last picture is what I want ... any help please ?!

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,327
    edited May 30
    @cath1024 - So you you need to separate all the lines and then join up to recreate the triangles as you see them in the third image. I would just start with the third image and break it apart and then use basic shapes on a new layer to recreate this.
  • cath1024cath1024 Member Posts: 12
    Thank for your reply Liz .... I started fresh with the 4 mountains and positioned them how and where I want them ... I am still a newbie and not familiar with all the layers and different things ... is it possible to walk me thru where i go from here lol

I have all the mountains in front and back of each other how i would like them ... I would just like them all individual so once they are cut with the laser they will fit together like a puzzle on the main circle does that make sense?
    @cath1024 - you're using Silhouette Studio, which I have from when I used a Silhouette cutter many years ago, so I am not proficient in that software. If you have been moving them around individually, I am not understanding your issue.
  • cath1024cath1024 Member Posts: 12
    yes I can move them around I just don't know how to round the bottoms so they fit on the circle wood board evenly .... i need to get rid of the straight edged bottoms of the mountains .... trying to get rid of everything outside of the circle
    OK i will explain the process but you will need to figure out the functions in SS to make it happen...you basically want to group the mountains, then you want to use a copy of the circle to shave off the bottom part or anything that hangs below the circle. I am work so I cannot check SS to see what the name is, I know how to do this in Make The Cut!, which is what we support on this forum. It would also be like a crop function.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,529
    edited May 30
    I not quite sure i understand the result you are wanting

I think you would need to us a 2nd circle and one of the functions in the modify panel eg divide

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files