We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

MTC download software

redhotrn65redhotrn65 Member Posts: 18
edited May 21 in General
Had to redownload the MTC software on my new computer. It has plug in installers to install for different machines but the brother scan n cut isnt on there. Do i need to install another kind for it to work? 

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,541
    edited May 21
    Make the cut has not been updated for year so does Not support cutting directly to most new model cutting machine including  the scan a cut 
    So there is no plugin for brother machines 

You can export designs from make the cut to svg file which I think you would be able to use with the scanncut machine or software ? 

I assume brother has prevented third party provider offering direct support 

As I understand Sure Cut a lot (another 3rd party provided cutter Software which is still actively updated )  also doesn't support cutting directly to brother cutters
    it allows export as svg and also brothers fcm file format 
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,223
    The Brother Scan N Cut was never a supported machine and has never had a plugin developed for it. as Crazy_Mr_Zing noted, you can export your design out of MTC to an SVG file and import that into any software program that allows for the importing of an SVG file.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)