We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cutting too small an in wrong place

kristykristy Member Posts: 48
New laptop, new Cameo 3. Everything looks good in the preview, pic, but the outcome is pic 2. Not only is it cutting in the wrong are and small, it's also cutting at the top of the mat. Help please.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,223
    First, unfortunately MTC has not been updated in a large number of years.  :( Which means that there have not been any cutters added as new cutters have been introduced into the market in all of those years either.  This would include the Cameo 3.  As a result, you may not be able to use the Cameo 3 with MTC. I cannot remember if anyone found a workaround for the Cameo 3 or not.

I don't have a Cameo 3 so I don't know where its default cutting positions, etc. are. One thing to note, you have MTC set up to load the mat in in landscape mode (notice the mat position on screen with the arrow on the left)  not portrait and you have it setup with your items in the top left side of your mat so I would expect it to cut on the top, left. If you feed your mat in the same way, with the arrow into the machine first - it cut where I would expect it too in the top left.  It is just shifted too far left and upward in the actual cutting.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • kristykristy Member Posts: 48
    I changed the orientation an it still wants to cut over on the left. I tried it on the old laptop an it cuts on the correct side but an inch+ too high and an inch+ in. Hope they get an update out soon.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,223
    edited May 18
    kristy said:
    . . .  Hope they get an update out soon.
    It has been 6 years without any updates so I don't believe a plugin for any of the newer cutters or anything else will be coming out unfortunately.  :'( 

You can use MTC and use it to save the file as an SVG file and then take that SVG file to another cutter program that will let you import the file to cut. You can also look into SCAL software that is a 3rd party program that is keeping updated and adding support for new cutters. You can also try to use MTC, but figure out where it is off in the cutting and placement and adjust for that. 
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Member Posts: 1,132
    @kristy If you have Silhouette Studio Designer Edition you can import svgs saved from MTC. My only problem with that is that it doesn't import textures correctly, so I finally learned SS. I have never used MTV to cut to my Cameo 3.
    Live Love Craft
  • 1cardcreator1cardcreator Member Posts: 850
    @kristy ; In MTC, right under orientation, you can try clicking on show margins, that may help you. I have a Zing and use MTC, but I had a problem with cutting orientation when I first started and it was because of the mat controls, and it had nothing to do with Portrait or Landscape, I had the wrong mat chosen and it had different margins than the 1 I was using.  ~Diane
  • signgodsigngod Member Posts: 23
    click view and make the main bar checked. this will open up your main toolbar then look at the mat configuration tab or box then look at the landscape and click and change to portrait... then you should see that big arrow at the top. which means that is the way you feed your mat into your cutter and where it will start to cut
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,571
    SassyLady_Lisa I have never seen or used a Cameo 3, but I think I read in some previous forum messages, that since it has 2 cutting heads, it is not compatible with MTC.  If I'm wrong about that, I am sure someone will explain where my understanding went awry.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,541
    I thought some cameo 3 user manage to rejig their designs by offsetting to account for the misalignment 
    This would be for cutting only Print and cut is not a option at all 

I think it would be easier Buying Sure Cuts a Lot software or Export to svg and using a upgraded version Silhouette Studio 

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files