We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

WRMK Foil Quill Project - designed in MTC, cut on KNK Force

Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,325

For anyone that loves foil, this is a must have tool to use in your cutter. It comes with 4 adapters that will fit pretty much any of the popular cutters, with specific ones for Cricut, Silhouette, SNC and Sizzix. Of those four, one of them is bound to work in any of the other popular cutters, KNK, Silver Bullet, etc. I used the D adapter in the right side of my KNK Force.

The kit comes with 3 quills, regular (I like to think of it as a fine tip), medium and heavier tip. I used the fine tip on the projects above, the one on the left was my first test, and I did it on a piece of scrap paper out of my scraps bin. The paper is AC smooth black.

- the honeycomb is part of a free svg file from free single line design over at sofontsy.com - snag it while it's still free.

- the font I used is from Single Line Font called Graceful

- the bee is from a font called Insect Icons from dafont.com

- the foil I used is the Rose Gold from Foil Quill Start Kit that contains the three types of quills, the 4 different adapters. some washi tape to use to tape the foil, the washi tape will hold the foil in place but not rip your paper when you remove it

- settings for the Force: CD = 15, CS = 15, blade offset 0, 1 pass. I used the washi tape very sparingly...I am cheap that way, the tape could be reused a couple of times...I stick it to the case of my cutter when not in use

Here is what the project looks like after using the Foil Quill on the black card stock:

I was a little concerned because it looked like I was going to get a messy result! But nope, once you remove the foil, the results were overwhelmingly crisp. I did use a soft brush to remove flakes of foil that wanted to stick statically to my paper.

This pic is before brushing the extra flecks away.

Supply of the Foil Quill is hit and miss...I had first ordered from a UK online shop as there wasn't anything left in the US that would ship to me without charging a horrendous price, and believe it or not the shipping cost from the UK to Canada was surprising low!! As of right now, that order is still in a status of allocating. The one I got actually arrived on Friday at my local scrapbooking store, and they called at 5:00 pm Friday. I had it in my hands at 5:15 pm, LOL! The other pre-order will be cancelled.

Comments