We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How do I close a closed discussion?

roseofsharonroseofsharon Member Posts: 227
I am trying to close (or edit) an old discussion I started years ago. It has info in it that I'd like to delete or update. I went to the old thread, and saw it's closed, and can't figure out how to change or delete it. Any help is appreciated!
Sharon rose, from
Facebook Etsy Instagram Twitter Pinterest
I am a famous artist, I just haven't been discovered yet!

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,219
    Once a certain amount of time has passed with no further comment, the system automatically marks it "closed" and it can no longer be added to.  As a forum user, we can add a discussion thread, but I don't believe we can delete it.  I think that an Admin has to delete it. I don't know if an Admin can delete a closed thread or not.  I assume that it would be possible.

If the thread is so old that it has been closed - there is probably no need to delete or edit it as it can not be "bumped" back up to the top because no one can respond on it any longer.  If you are wanting to give new information on something, I would just start a new thread discussion to do so.  You could always post a link back to that old thread to say you were correcting or changing something you had put in that thread if you really feel the need to update some information.  I probably wouldn't worry about that old of a thread.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,327
    @roseofsharon - users can only edit their comments, or the title of a post that they created as long as it is active. The post will expire 6 months after the date of the last discussion, or when an administrator closes it to further comments. You cannot bring any of your discussions back from the dead. Administrators absolutely have the ability to remove/edit or otherwise any discussions, closed or open. Send a PM to SBryanW, include a link to the post you wish to remove.
  • roseofsharonroseofsharon Member Posts: 227
    Thanks guys! That helps a lot! :)
    Sharon rose, from
    Facebook Etsy Instagram Twitter Pinterest
    I am a famous artist, I just haven't been discovered yet!