We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Browser not supported

beaubien1beaubien1 Member Posts: 5
I just got my silhouette curio and I keep getting a browser not supported message. Everything is updated and even tried switching browsers. Still get the message and some features are not working. Sent message to Silhouette but haven't heard back from them yet. Help.

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,197
    @beaubien1 - Welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum, where we support users using Make The Cut! software and its' supported cutters. Your Curio is not supported.

You need to contact Support from Silhouette America for this issue. Try here:

https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/faq
  • beaubien1beaubien1 Member Posts: 5
    Liz_A,  I did contact Silhouette America, I haven't heard back from them yet. I just happened upon this site when searching for an answer. I am just learning about the software. I'll have to see if my Cricut Maker is supported and learn more. Thank you for  your information. 

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,189
    edited March 1
    Beaubien1 - welcome to the MTC forum. Unfortunately, it does not work with any Cricut machines directly because Provocraft sued the developer not once, but twice to prevent it from doing so. You can export out to SVG files that they finally started permitting to be imported into their software as did Silhouette. Unfortunately, both of those manufacturers try their best to lock you into their proprietary programs. Also, neither provide a Users Forum like this for their products so users can interact with fellow users and get help more easily. Cricut did for years, but did away with it years ago unfortunately. Since MTC did work with the original Silhouette machines (and original Cricuts until the lawsuits), Users often find this forum when doing a search for help with those brands and assume that it is a generic cutting/crafting forum without first looking to discover it is not but specific to MTC software and it’s supported cutters. Sometimes you get lucky, and someone here is still able to answer a question if they have experience with the equipment or media.

if you sent an email to Silhouette, then I am not surprised you did not get an answer. Neither they nor Provocraft are very good in replying to emails. Typically it has always been best to call their support for answers. Finally, while they do not have support forums like this one, there are any number of user groups on Facebook where you can seek help. If you do Facebook, do a search there and many should show up. Most are setup by fellow users trying to interact and help each other. Good luck.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    MeFlick, thank you for the information. I'm very new to these machines. I didn't see a number at the Silhouette site but I will look back again. I did find a group on Facebook but didn't hear back from them until after this post. I am starting to get information now. Learning more everyday. 
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,189
    edited March 1
    They may no longer list a phone number I don't know.  Looking at their support site info., they do have the ability to "chat" online with them but their hours are 8:00 am - 5 pm MTN time looks like. https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/contact
    Glad you found a group on Facebook and hopefully someone can help get you sorted soon.

If you haven't already - I would highly recommend that you spend some time browsing around on the Silhouette site and find any and all useful information they may provide there as well.  For example, you can find some help and information on setting up and the User Guide for the Curio and the Manual for their software: https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/setup/en/curio
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    MeFlick, I did find the chat area and am waiting for them to open. I've downloaded the 350 page manual and am searching the files on the FB group now that I have been accepted to the group. Since I can't actually make anything I've got time to search. Thanks!
    Thank you for your help, MeFlick and Liz_A.  I did get to chat with  Silhouette America and I think all is fine. I apologize if I posted this in the wrong group but am glad I found your Facebook group.  Amazing what can be done with these kind of machines.