We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

? about Silhouette ratchet blade

TAMinatorTAMinator Member Posts: 2,929
can it be adjusted without the cap-thingy?   So I have an original silhouette (sd? ? ) that was given to me. There was the blade already installed and another blade - and no thing to adjust the blade with it.  So until I buy a new blade that will have the cap-thingy, if I do need to adjust the blade, can it be done with pliers or do you really need that part?

Side note: what a bummer. Since they sell the whole piece at the store, you don't even just replace blades like a cricut does? What a waste.
Kaleidoscope Creations Stamps Made in USA photopolymer Kaleidoscope Creations Sometimes I think I should just keep my opinions to myself, she said, but someone has got to be the voice of reason. ~ Brian Andreas

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,197
    @TAMinator - your SD would have a slot to accept the old style of SD cards. I have one, and I can use the ratchet blade holders in it. You don't use the caps.

To change the blade out it is possible, and I know there was a Youtube video showing how. See here:

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,466
    You can get separate blades but it is not worth the hassel.  Get a new one with the adjuster that comes with it and store it -  I found I needed to change the blade about every three months when cutting daily - the replacements are so cheap it's hardly worth worrying about them.  Take a look on the net - you will see that they are about £6 each - not sure what that translate to in dollars but it should be a very similar in price.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.