We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Red blade holder sits on ledge when cutting thinner materials

drsbristerdrsbrister Member Posts: 1

I have a MAXXAir. When I am cutting thinner materials such as vinyl or card stock (like in the pictures), the blade holder catches on the ledge of the flange if it is placed correctly.  This makes the blade holder sit crooked as shown.  Or, when the screw is tightened, it slips under the ledge and then the blade holder is in the wrong place and loose.

If I place the holder where the screw sits below the ledge, the blade is too far away from the material (see below).

I'm fairly certain this is a user error, but I have no idea how to fix my problem.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,247
    @drsbrister - I use my MaxxAir a lot! I don't have this issue. For most materials, including vinyl and card stock, you will adjust the blade tip exposure so that you barely feel it, let alone see it, and then use a 25 post-it note stack that will sit on top of the mat, placed under the blade tip, with the blade tip on top of the stack. The blade holder should rest on the back of the assembly, on top of the ledge. I will take a photo and post it.
    Photo - sorry it's so blurry, but you can see that the holder is in there straight.

• SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,527
    If you are cutting vinyl without a mat, it's perfectly fine for the rim of the blade holder to be resting on the blade holder seat, as you show it in your initial photo. It's only with the cutting mat that the blade holder will end up above the blade holder seat as Liz shows. 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit, Skycut C and D
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
    @drsbrister - I just tested positioning the blade holder by not using the mat just a piece of vinyl with backing as @SandyMcC suggested in her post, but still using the 25 post-it note stack, and the blade holder sits on the blade holder seat and screws in tightly, is not crooked, and does not slip out of place. Hope that helps.