We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Copying Size Changes

CharoCharo Member Posts: 738
Every once in a while when copying something from one layer to another, the Paste in Place function ends up with a very tiny copy.  Why???  Drives me crazy.
Member 30818

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,515
    I not had the occur ?
    I guess you have double checked you are using using paste is place ?

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 738
    Yes @Crazy_Mr_Zing I am using Paste in Place.  This is another irritating happening that started with MTC on new computer using Windows 10 Home.
    Member 30818
    I'm using windows 10 home ?
    that really weird
    are you using keyboard shortcuts or Menu selection

I wonder if there some other application running in the background the conflicting ? Might be something unique to your brand of PC

I guess another way albeit but tedious would be Hold Shift + Control , click on the shape the click the move to new layer button ?
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 738
    You too??? @Crazy_Mr_Zing .  Poor us hah.  I just saw it actually happen, instead of noticing the results of what I thought happened.  It happens with the COPY function, not the Paste in Place function.  I am using the Menu selections.  Nothing else is running, except a VPN thing.  That shouldn't cause it as I am not on the web when using MTC, except for the Forum.  
    Another thing I just noticed today...I am working on another slice form, a large one and I wanted the slices to be smaller so I made the lines .001.  When I tried to boulean join them it absolutely would not work, time after time.  Is there some limit I don't know about that governs minimum boulean joins?
    Member 30818
    don;t really uder stand what you mean
    "It happens with the COPY function, not the Paste in Place function."

regard the other issue are you mean you made the slot shape 0.001" wide

I find mtc can be a little flakie with sizes so small
    sometime to make tiny changes in size I find I need to make a larger change then set the size I want
    eg  to go for a W 0.002 to 0.001  I have to make a larger change eg set W to 0.5 the set W to 0.001

Make sure you don;t have auto simplify selected in Boolean join
    I tried to Boolean join a rectangle 0.001 wide from the circle it didn't work with simplify enabled

• GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,551
    edited February 18
    Charo, glad you noticed.  With Paste in Place it reproduces the original, including the size.  With Copy, when you paste it, it will paste it at the size of the Cursor.  

The only limitation with Boolean Join that I'm aware of is that it only works with two objects at a time.  If you try to join 3 or more, Boolean Join just won't work at all.