We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cricut Explore Air 2, no longer being picked up by design space

JulieAJulieA Member Posts: 2
edited February 10 in Off Topic
Good Afternoon,

I'm sorta new to this whole cricut thing. BUT somethings not right.

I was using my machine yesterday and everything worked fine, made my cuts and that was that. 

Today I brought it out to make something for my parents and it turns on fine, BUT when I go to design space and click make it, I get CONNECT YOUR MACHINE. Everythings connected properly. I cant get this to work at all!

Im pretty bummed about this. I tried contacting cricut but hours are Monday - Friday I guess. 

If anyone can shed some light on the situation it would be greatly appreciated. 
Post edited by JulieA on

Comments

• PennyPenny Member Posts: 2,191
    Are you using the Cricut Expression 2? If so, this will not work in Design Space. If you are using the Explore or Maker by way of Bluetooth, you may need to reconnect your Bluetooth for connections. If you have Win10, the latest update disconnected my Bluetooth and I had to reconnect to Bluetooth to get it to show. The Win10 updates do this every now and then. Hope this helps.
    Penny in Albuquerque, NM "Not all those who wander are lost." - R.R. Tolkien
  • JulieAJulieA Member Posts: 2
    Oops my bad it’s the explore air 2. I’m just using the USB cables and connecting it to my laptop. It makes the noise that it did connect but when in design space it won’t acknowledge it at all.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,265
    @JulieA - welcome the Make The Cut! software forum, where we support the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters. Your cutter is not supported.

Because you have changed ports by connecting the USB cables, you may need to totally close out of the online software, power off the cutter, and then reboot the computer. Turn on the cutter and then connect to the online software. Open up a small project to test and go from there.