We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

joining lines that are too long

I am certain I have done this before. Easy example, make a box with four lines but each line is too long. I now have overlapping lines in the corners with little ends dangling beyond. How can I weld the four lines creating the square together and then delete the short excess? 
Thank you all, David
I took the Short Bus to school because they told me it was "Faster".

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,467
    There are a couple of options one grab the lines on opposite sides and drag down and up to fit.  OR having joined the lines with the squiffy corners create a box and line up and use Boolean to delete the excess.  OR create a box the right size and place where you have your original lines and then delete your lines.  I'd go for the third options as that is the easiest.  If you place your original lines on a different layer and then use the square to create your box on the layer it is intended for you can then just delete the layer with the unwanted lines on. Or you can drop it here and I will make the adjustments for you.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,510
    If you happy to eyeball it in node edit mode you can |you could drag the end of each line so the align the in node edit select the line right click on the end node and choose join to closet node
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    edited January 20
    if you ocd like me you can use the x ,y, w and h or each line to manoeuvre the ends to make the end be in the same position

eg
    line a   X 0.567 

Line B   Y 0.6386

Set the Y of Line a to the Y of line B

Set the X of line B to the X of Line A

Switch to node edit mode
    select line right click end node choose join to closet node

it gets a little more complicated on the other corners because the w and h of lines need to be included

Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • SawdustSawdust Member Posts: 306
    I will take a run at these, thank you all. I am making an airplane. Will give it a try.
    I thought that by welding the image together that I could then break it back apart and have the intersections of the lines become node points. I still have a long way to go on it.
    I took the Short Bus to school because they told me it was "Faster".
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,265
    @Sawdust or you use the rectangle shape.
    Sawdust said:
    I thought that by welding the image together that I could then break it back apart and have the intersections of the lines become node points. I still have a long way to go on it.
    When you weld shapes together it appear nodes are created that the junctions

If you provide a few images of what you are attempting to do I might have some other option