We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Silhouette Cameo Newbie could Use Some Quick Tips

mike3220mike3220 Member Posts: 2
Hi, am new here, and am having problems with cutting out a vinyl template for my car console.  I'm using my wife's Silhouette Cameo.  I found the (supposedly) correct file to work with online (there are 3 files, actually, for 3 parts of the console).  They are in a format readable by our basic Silhouette Cameo software: .DXF or .studio3.
The problem is, when I import one of the files into a Silhouette Studio design page, it looks perfect, but the size is incorrect.  The first time I tried importing, the design page size was 8-1/2 x 11, and the imported file fit in it just fine.  But it was obviously too small, I knew, because the actual width of my console was wider than that shown on the 8-1/2"-wide design page.  So I imported the file again, when the design page size was set to 12" x 12".  This time it looked good; the template should've been around 8 inches wide and it looked about right; but when I cut it, it was slightly too big, by about 1/4 inch.

My questions: how do I get the correct size to cut?  I have to assume that the file I downloaded is the correct size and that my Silhouette software is somehow altering the size.  Shouldn't a "template" file have a size that cannot be altered, at least easily?  Surely, I don't have to manually adjust my template to the correct size, right?  Am I doing something stupid, and do I just need to set a simple setting in the software?
Many thanks for any help!

Comments