We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Question on KNK ZING laser replacement

petesurferpetesurfer Member Posts: 4
edited November 29 in General
Hi, the laser of my KNK Zing has clearly died, and would like to replace it. I saw on another post relating to the matter that there was some instructions available online on how to dissasemble the Zing to be able to unsolder the laser. I haven't been able to find them.

They also quoted an instructional video on Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/user8812763/review/52557550/e1c55d432c) which is password protected. 

Can anyone help me out on how to open the KNK Zing and replace the laser? I have quite good soldering skills as I have assembled and disassembled electronic circuits before.

I would send the machine for proper a fix, but I live in Spain and to my knowledge there isn't a European repair center, and shipping costs alone would probably outweigh the cost of a new one (given the weight of the machine).

Thanks!

Comments