We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Hello Everyone I am new here SO GLAD TO HAVE FOUND YOU.  My husband just bought me a scan and cut by brother, I haven't used it yet, but my first project is I want to make the name decals for the starbuck cups for my son' school.  I don't know if any of you are a mom to a special needs child, but I am, and I have found life is easier for your child when he is known as the kid of the mom who can do this or that than be negatively labeled, besides I LOVE crafting, I do events on the side but usually I preorder stuff but with this machine I want to really get to do the stuff myself, I even got the t shirt and mug press BUT no subprinter but I thin there is a way around that too, another time.  I know its theh holiday season, if someone has  a few moments if you could  help me or direct me on how to make the decals to put on the cups, I just bought the cups, I want to be able to  put the names on them, I need to get some I believe 651 vinyl?  If I have posted in the wrong place I do apologize , again so happy to be here.

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,163
    Hello and welcome to the Make the Cut software support forum.  Make the Cut is a 3rd party software program that works with a variety of older and different brands of electronic die cutting machines that are drag blade cutters.  It does not however work directly with the Brother Scan n Cut cutters.  It will export out to SVG files if you can import those into the Brother program.  I would suggest that you would get the fastest and best help with that cutter if you will do a search for help with the Brother Scan N Cut machines.  If you do Facebook, there are probably several Facebook groups to help you with that machine.  Unfortunately, the last I knew, Brother did not provide an official forum like this one for help with the cutters.

Which Brother Scan N Cut did your husband buy you? You might look into the SCAL program (Sure Cuts a Lot) which will export out into the FCM file format for the Brother machine I believe.

In regards to the vinyl to use, it is best to use an outdoor vinyl when applying to something that needs to be washed.  It is also recommended that they be hand washed for best results.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)