We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Printer margins seem to cover registration marks

I am not explaining myself very well but I have a page and I am doing print and cut. I center the items on the page and it looks like this (the registration marks are inside the margins):

Here is what it prints and puts in the print preview:

It is fine in this case because I caught it before I printed 50 out and shifted things. But it has happened before that I don't catch it. 

None of my other applications seem to have this problem. I just did a test with Word and the margins are right where I expect them to be.

Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it?

I just added another line of circles to the left of the first column and the print preview showed more than I expected. So I think the whole printing has just shifted left by maybe .25". 

Connie
I have my work cut out for me!
I am CutWoman - I just need the black spandex and ears.
Gallery ID: 20273

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,405
    Just wondering if you have your printer set right for the margins or no margins.  The preset is different in different programs and it all hangs on what margins you have set for Word and what margins you have set when sending direct to the printer from MTC.  MTC doesn't contain margins directly it just shows the print preview page.  
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,405
    Also looking at you MTC page I would move everything over to the left a bit more.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,355
    You pattern doesn't seem to be centred on the page

I think a approximated centre would be where the red cross is
    and the blue arrow the centre of the page
    as a Diana suggest move over to the left

But I think would may be pushing your luck a little prints are usually not so accurate at placement on the page some are better than others) if you reg marks are very close to the printable area edge you may find the cut of on some pages

The other thing you could try is reducing the gap between the circles some the overall size of the pattern fit the pages better

But before that  I not sure what cutter you using but small repetitive print and cut often drift out of alignment as any minute slip multiples but the end of the task 
    I would suggest adding some bleed to overcome the slightness misalignment

as for your question

I not sure why the print area indication on the mat does not agree with the print preview 
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • walshsurveywalshsurvey Member Posts: 553
    I found the MTC margin setting. It is in  print options under the file menu and I must have clicked it by mistake one time. It is the 3rd item down and it is called "Do Not Offset Printer Margins". I had it checked, I unchecked it and everything went back to normal. Thank you for your responses.

Connie
    I have my work cut out for me!
    I am CutWoman - I just need the black spandex and ears.
    Gallery ID: 20273
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,355
    How about that I have never notice that setting ?

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files