We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help - MTC on Mac cannot connect to KNK Zing?!

MTC was working fine on my Mac running macOS 10.13.6, but I re-downloaded and reinstalled it (don't ask why...) and now MTC cannot connect to Zing.
I followed the installation steps up to where it says run the MTC COM Bridge - I cannot do this, I get the following:

You can’t use this version of the application “MTC COM Bridge.app” with this version of macOS.

USB ports and cable are ok.

Best Answers

Answers

• mircead3mircead3 Member Posts: 11
    Liz, thank you for the answer - can you give me more details, I'm new to this.
    I used the version of the bridge that I downloaded from this site, I'm not sure how to get another version.
    Also, you mention a cleaner app - what is this?
    Thanks again.

Everything is working, thank you very much!
    I used AppCleaner and re-installed MTC and the bridge and that fixed the bridge not working issue.
    After that MTC itself would not open, but I followed the steps in High Sierra Fix for MTC Not Opening.pdf and that fixed it.

On a different note, has anybody encountered the following issue: if I turn off the machine before unplugging the USB cable (for example, to stop it from making a bad cut, due to my mistake), it leaves the USB port in a bad (unusable) state. The only way I know to fix this is to restart the Mac - is there another way to reset the USB port?
    Thanks again.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,990
    @mircead3 - I think that is the only way...there isn't a stop button in the software to make the computer stop sending data. I don't know how you would do a port refresh, this would be one way to sort out the USB drive that isn't responding properly.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,500
    @mircead3 - One issue at a time, please.

Start a new post with the question regarding resetting the USB port.  You see, I was all set to mark this as a Resolved Issue, so that others with a similar issue would be able to review what you did to resolve it.

But then you added on a different question, making this a new unresolved issue.

Gabe (Forum moderator)
    I'm sorry about raising the second issue, you can mark this as resolved.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,500
    edited October 5
    It isn't a terrible offense or anything.  It just helps people to be able to find solutions when they run into problems.  As I mentioned, copy from this part of your second question; "has anybody encountered the following issue..." and then start a new thread and paste the new question into it.  Give it a good name to make it easy to understand what the question is.  You'll not only be helping yourself, but others with similar questions, too. :)

Of course, if you liked Liz's answer to that question, there's no need to create a new post.  Up to you.