We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

changing colors

cdgraves14cdgraves14 Member Posts: 1
How do I change the color of my designs/letters/words. The silhouette software lets you change similar to a word document .

Answers

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,312
    Lines in MTC represent cut lines so usually they are not printed (unless specially set to print in the print options )
    so there are not really any means of select line color 
    (apart from when you change mat color the line colour sometime change to a contrasting color )

Any shape that is a close path (the path beginning is connected the the path end ) can contain a coloured fill or a texture (image content)
    by default closed shape are fill with a default color

To change this colour select the shape right click choose change colour, texture ,line then choose select color
    you can also access a colour pallet in the object in the layer bar

fonts are usually created using closed path so therefore can contain color fill or texture

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,964
    @cdgraves14 - you can also change what colours your shapes/text inherit by default by changing the mat colour. So on the screenshot captured above, click where is says Green and choose another colour. If you choose Contrast, for example, everything created on that mat defaults to black.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,490
    @cdgraves14   What is it you're trying to accomplish?  If you want to do a print and cut, typically your image would be colored before you have it on the virtual mat.  MTC has commands to change the color of a shape or non-cut lines, but unless the image is pretty simple, coloring that way is tedious.  Better to use some type of drawing software, such as Gimp or Inkscape or Corel, etc.  Then import the pre-colored image into MTC and adjust it or embellish it before cutting it.