We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Fiskars Fuse Creativity System embossing issue (1/2 embossed project)

ManxmomManxmom Member Posts: 107
edited September 9 in General
I recently purchased a used system and I'm practicing making embossed tags and boxes so I'm using the large cutting letterpress plates. Only some of the embossing comes out. It cuts perfect. The manual says nothing about shims etc and I can't find anything online to help me. It only talks about adapters for using other brands of dies/folders. Any help appreciated.
Post edited by Manxmom on
Love my Zing :)

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,964
    @Manxmom - not familiar with this system, and given its a Make The Cut! forum, people wouldn't come here looking to help with your system. Here is a link to the Fiskars website, maybe a good place to start to source help with your system.

https://www.fiskars.eu/products/creating/die-cutting/fuse-creativity-system-r-1015774
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,312
    edited September 9
    There have been a few discussions on this machine
    if you search the forum you will find several results

I don't have a fuse But with have manual dies cutters I think the theory of operation is similar

By half do you mean some of the details are not embosses across the full area of the die/plate
    or actually one half is emboss more than the other half

are you using a dies that cut and also embosses, or an embossing plate ?

some embossing plate require a rubber mat

Sometime a little more pressure is required so a shim can help

I use recycled cereal box cardboard and the like

another tip i was given was the very thin foam used as wood flooring underlay
    this is put behind the material behind cut and act a a sacrificial shim  as it usually gets at least partially cut

The important thing is when ever your experimenting with varying the height of the stack (sandwich) do not force the machine if it feels like your forcing it stop and make the stack a little thinner 

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • BrendaSBrendaS Member Posts: 759
    @Manxmom ; if you type the word sandwich in the search box of the forum, one of the first posts should come up from the very talented Julie also known as craftymusician who has put together a list of what, she has found in her experience, to work best with different dies and embossing folders and the Fiskars Fuse.  Hopefully this link works, is a pdf from Julie that I found on https://us.v-cdn.net/5012508/uploads/editor/gp/ppini3khzmvz.pdf
  • hwganghwgang Member Posts: 2,806
    I have this system and absolutely love it. Don't ever regard any sandwich recipe as gospel. Your results are more important. A shim can be as minor as a piece of cardstock or much more hefty. I love neoprene as a shim.

Let us know how you make out.
    Lynne
    Moderation in All Things should be Practiced Sparingly
    In KNK Love with my Zing, Eagle and the Support!