We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

will MTC work with original silhouette?

TAMinatorTAMinator Member Posts: 2,924
I may be getting my hands on an old silhouette. I think it's an original since it's several years old and the person got it herself used (she thinks she's had it 7 or 8 years now).  Whether or not I actually get it depends on how much it'll cost to ship.  But while it's a possibility I might as well ask....

Will MTC work with the old machine? I saw the main page says SD and Cameo but I don't know if an SD is a different machine than the original one.
Kaleidoscope Creations Stamps Made in USA photopolymer Kaleidoscope Creations Sometimes I think I should just keep my opinions to myself, she said, but someone has got to be the voice of reason. ~ Brian Andreas

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,135
    The SD is the original Silhouette labeled as a such. It did not take 12x12 mat/paper. I am not at home to check,  it seems like it’s mat size was around 6x9. Yes, it should work with MTC. I had one and used it with it. Still have it somewhere.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,964
    I believe that the cutting size for the Silhouette SD is 7-1/2 inches, or 7-1/4 inches. I know that an 8" wide Cricut mat will fit it. If you need any additional help post back.
  • TAMinatorTAMinator Member Posts: 2,924
    Thanks!  We convo'd back and forth and she said it had SD on it.  Because I have MTC, I don't really need to concern myself with their software, right? I have no plans on getting any files with their file extension.

Thanks for the tip on the mats. I'm really interested in seeing how it cuts compared to my cricut. I know the cricut isn't as accurate with cuts. I don't remember if it was here or elsewhere but I remember seeing a cut comparison with the word milk though not sure if it was silhouette or another machine. I still quite like my carts as it's just easy. I even made myself a reference booklet of images and words/phrases for the ones I have. Very handy! No images themselves but I know what carts to look at for a bear or cup, etc. :)  And without scrolling through every cart listed in mycutsearch.
    Kaleidoscope Creations Stamps Made in USA photopolymer Kaleidoscope Creations Sometimes I think I should just keep my opinions to myself, she said, but someone has got to be the voice of reason. ~ Brian Andreas
  • hope9811hope9811 Member Posts: 191
    I had the SD and loved it.  And yes it works with MTC.  I since traded it for the 1st Silhoutte Cameo.  It does cut more intricately than my cricut expression.  
  • TAMinatorTAMinator Member Posts: 2,924
    awesome! well, now i"m starting a new question/troubleshooting thread. LOL