We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Why is this not cutting right?

allthingsknoticalallthingsknotical Member Posts: 10
So the sheet of vinyl is 12x12” the stars portion is half of it and the stripes is the other portion. The anchor I am centering on the page which is at the 6” mark. The anchor is a 6x6” size wise. No matter what I do it’s not cutting the anchor to where the Stars and Stripes are divided evenly on each side. Why is this not coming out right?????

Comments

• SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,388
    What cutter do you own?  What software are you using? 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • allthingsknoticalallthingsknotical Member Posts: 10
    Cameo and silhouette studio
    It should be simple. Line up the center and cut it but for some reason it’s always off. If the center of the pattern is 6 inches then no matter what size shape you put on there should cut right. Idk.....
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,395
    Most people here use MTC - there are some who use Silhouette Design so they might be able to advise you.  Are you doing print and cut or are you just lining up manually?
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
    I’m cutting it. The vinyl is a 12x12 and the pattern is spilt evenly down the middle. I should just be able to put the center of the anchor on the 6” mark lined up and when it cuts it, it should be even on both sides no matter what size the anchor is. Every time I cut it’s always off like in the pic. What’s MTC???
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,139
    . . .  What’s MTC???
    MTC = Make The Cut - a 3rd party software program that works with a variety of different cutter brands including some of the earlier Silhouette machines and who’s official support forum you are on. There is not an official support forum provided by Silhouette for their cutters and software. There is one called Silhouette Plus, that was created by users to help users. You can search for that or if you do Facebook, search for Silhouette support groups on there for best help with the Silhouette programs.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    Does the MTC work with Mac and the silhouette cameo?
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,139
    Does the MTC work with Mac and the silhouette cameo?
    No, unfortunately not.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • gll5613gll5613 Member Posts: 46
    edited August 19
    @allthingsknotical - When a cutting mat is selected, Studio uses Silhouette brand cutting mat specifications. I see a Cricut cutting mat in the background of the anchor photo. Are you using that cutting mat for the vinyl? If so, please be aware that the margins and grid placement of the Cricut and Silhouette mats are different. You'd have to compensate for those differences either in the way the design is placed on the virtual mat on the design page in Studio (without placing the design outside the cutting border), in the way the material is placed on the cutting mat, or in the way the mat is loaded into the Cameo. Even so, you'd have to be very precise in both material placement and mat loading to achieve the desired outcome. Even then, slight shifting could occur during cutting. Small vertical test cuts at the top and bottom centerlines might be helpful in verifying alignment. Also ensure that the correct cutting mat size is selected. Other than that, if this is a Cameo 2 or Cameo 3, make sure that the firmware is up-to-date. Many improvements have been made for the Cameo 3 in recent Studio updates, so software version also matters.
    Post edited by gll5613 on