We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Seems a bit deceiving to me. What do you think?

Sam3Sam3 Member Posts: 2
From what I understand, MTC is no longer updated, nor has it been for years, yet, if you go to the website it doesn't inform you that what you download and purchase is all you will ever get and will not be updated/upgraded to keep with the times or newer machines.  The software essentially has been abandoned, yet for sale anyway?

It says it works with all KNK models.   After a bit of research, I have found that not to be true.  Doesn't work with mine.  Doesn't seem right to potentially sell a software to someone, assuming it will work with their machine (directly) and find it won't.  Worse yet, what about a potential purchase of new machine thinking it will work with MTC and turns out it won't.    This is wrong in so many ways.  Don't you think this should be disclosed?  

Also not true that there are weekly webinars, as touted on the website.

I imagine there are more false or misleading statements on the website that I wouldn't know.   If the owner is determined to continue selling the software, the website should be updated to reflect the truth.  

Maybe there are plans to pick up where the software left off?  If not, why not sell the company?  There appears to be plenty of users here in this forum that support MTC. 

(And yes, I did just join today for the purpose of inquiring.   I had been shopping for software and was directed to MTC, which I'm glad I did my research as I could have wasted money and time. ) 

Sam

Comments

• SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,433
    edited August 1
    I have to agree with you, Sam. While MTC has some great functions and is a great price for what you get but the web site needs to be updated so that potential customers are not misled.  I do see other things in the list that are also just not true, like "Fully integrated with Lettering Delights Cut-it files".  That function has been broken for several years now. :(    The site also says it can import any SCUT file and that's also not true, either. While it can import SCUT1 and SCUT2 files, there are now three more SCUT updates: SCUT3, SCUT4, and SCUT5. I just checked and MTC cannot import those. 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • cindyrcindyr Member Posts: 33
    Hadn't been to the website in years, but  took a look and  yep, I see blatant untruths.

I've seen here on the forums over the years so many users asking (begging!) for updates and/or upgrades and willing to pay for such.   I have had MTC since the beginning and I certainly would have liked to see it continue to grow, or at least keep up, but instead will be pushed to move on to SCAL .  

I honestly hope no one buys MTC any longer - it doesn't make sense. 

www.royalthings.blogspot.com
    Maxx Air 24 - -Cameo - Several Cricuts
  • susibisusibi Member Posts: 24
    Yes seemed strange to me too. First the Lettering Delights stopped working ( thought it was me being scatterbrained but no .. it really didn't work!) Then every so often I check back for updates but nothing - SCAL has just updated and I feel really sorry that MTC which is really an excellent program should have fallen behind. To tell the truth I very rarely use SCAL and MTC but I keep them updated as they both have valid features.
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,407
    I feel the same - MTC is such a treat to use and I use it everyday.  I am saddened that it has been abandoned but that seems to be the way of things.  A programmer gets bored with his achievements and moves on - he forgets to reset old pages to be more realistic and ignores the users.  Programmers forget they owe their clientele respect even if the project no longer holds their imagination.  I will continue to use MTC though as it has some unique features which other programs don't possess.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Sam3Sam3 Member Posts: 2
    I can almost understand the programmer becoming bored, or even just life got in the way and the programmer couldn't continue, BUT it's just not right to forget to update your website that sells a product under blatant lies.  Even one sale in the last few years (income) should have reminded the owner to fix the site. That would be like me selling a large t-shirt and shipping the buyer a small because I'm 'over it', that's all I have and I'm not restocking - believe me, "oops, I forgot to update my website sizes wouldn't cut it." 

The owner should either shut down sales altogether, sell the 'company' or at a very minimum, update the website.

I don't know anything about websites, but now I have to wonder if MTC is paying regularly to keep the website up and running?  Could he possibly be paying to keep the website selling, even though he's dropped the ball?
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,433
    For sure this forum isn't free, thus current MTC sales must be more than supporting the cost of it plus MTC's own web site/store.  I certainly don't want to see either discontinued.  But I agree that the web site should be updated to present factual information. As someone who supports KNK cutters on a daily basis, it's very annoying when I am contacted by a customer who has bought a new or used KNK cutter and finds out that MTC isn't going to work with it. 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/