We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Paper layering

bea4himbea4him Member Posts: 22
Hello,

Does anyone know where to purchase scene layering files to make a diorama/shadowbox? I did this one from manual die cut machine, but I would like to make more than one now and hoped to use mtc & zing, but I stink at this!

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,063
    Di-lite a user on our forum, has shared an enormous amount of files, some of where can be used to create shadow box type projects:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByDca_cRz35gaUVRM0lsMUFJcDg

You can check out her uploads at the above link.

• bea4himbea4him Member Posts: 22
    Thank you very much. I will check it out!
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,407
    The one you show there is a lot better then mine - what I have put up is purely starters so that you can decorate or expand to your style.  If you need any help give me a nudge.

Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,518
    There is also a really nice feature in the MTC pixel trace; called Color Scans.  Andy developed it to help people cut out portraits.  It allows you to scan a picture at different tonal values.  Then you can stack those traces and cut them out one at a time.  The end result, for a portrait, is a cut file that is several layers and represents a simplified version of the original portrait.  But this can also be used to create layers of other images, besides portraits.  Like trees around a cabin, or sailboats on a lake, or just about whatever you want.  There is a learning curve to do this sort of thing, but Andy provided a very helpful video tutorial, showing how to do a portrait and if you can wrap your head around that, you can then experiment and learn how to do the other images.  It was shown in the March 26, 2013 webinar, starting at about 51:20.  Here's the link to the webinar.  

• Rosie0530Rosie0530 Member Posts: 3,108
    I think your design is stunning!
    Rosie in VA. originally from PA. Proverbs3:5,6
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,366
    edited August 1
    I use MTC and pop up card studio to make tunnel cards. MTC for the actual design and  Popupcard studio for organizing the layout of the layers visually.  Something like that would be rather easy to do given those 2 programs. It would be a matter in finding some deer and trees you like, typing in a suitable font and organizing them on hand drawn curves for the snow. Learn to use MTC and you'll never ask to buy a file again.
    Thank you all for your input.  I don't get to use MTC often enough to remember what I learned previously...lol (I have a disabled child, which doesn't leave me with a lot of free time) but I'm willing to try all of the advice I get! Thank you for the comments on my project. I got the idea off the internet somewhere. PS What is a tunnel card?
    I too have a disabled child so I know where you are coming from.  I will see if I can create a basic set so that you only need to compile what you need.  I will put it onto my to do list as I am sure you are not the only one who needs help setting things up to do 3D views.

Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    Not sure if this helps but it is a basic layout that you can adjust to suit your purposes.  The side bits can be folded over and the side overlays cover them.  See what you think.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610

:) Thank you so much! I will give it a try

You're an angel!!!