We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Silhouette Cameo 3

I have a silhouette cameo 1 that I have had for years and your program works great with it but when I purchased the cameo 3 it wants to cut off the top of the mat??? can anyone help me with that!

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,163
    edited July 17
    Make the Cut has not been updated in years now.  :( Which means, cutter plugins have not been updated or had new cutters added either.  

This cutter has been discussed and if there were options work arounds for that fact previously.  If you do a search of the forum for "Cameo 3" as I have done, you should be able to review the older threads that have discussed and see if there is information that will help you continue to try to use MTC with your new cutter. (Go down below the first "Ad" links to review the former discussions here on the forum.)

http://www.make-the-cut.com/search/?q=Cameo+3

Since I don't have that cutter, I don't recall exactly what has been stated/discussed to advise you further.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • gll5613gll5613 Member Posts: 49
    Unlike the earlier Cameo models that have "Load Media" and "Load Cutting Mat" options, the Cameo 3 only has a "Load" option that does not distinguish between media and cutting mat. That information is supplied by the Studio software. It is my understanding that the Cameo 3 adjusts for the cutting mat's top margin according to the cutting mat size that is selected in Studio's page setup panel when the job is sent to the machine. Since I don't own a Cameo 3, I am unable to test workarounds. Even if you were able to adjust the position of the cutting mat, you still would not be able to use the Cameo 3's new features with MTC.

• SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Member Posts: 1,122
    I upgraded Silhouette Studio to Designer Edition in order to import SVGs that I had exported from MTC to cut to a Portrait and then bought a Cameo 3. Over time I learned the SS software well enough that I upgraded to Business Edition and use that and MTC interchangeably, depending on what I feel like. MTC does some things better, but SS is catching up.
    Live Love Craft