We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Import image without creating a trace line

PippinPippin Member Posts: 46
I'm trying to create a round 'thank you' card. I've created the artwork as a JPG - all I want to do is import the graphic and create a cut line inside of the actual graphic so I don't get any white. I can only seem to import it with a cut line around it which is not what I want. 

MTC is driving me crazy trying to do this - any advice appreciated. I'm not having much luck reading the manual as I'm not sure what to look for tbh :-(

Comments

• PippinPippin Member Posts: 46
    Ok - replying to myself now! I'm almost there. I've managed to get the inset line cutting nicely using the 'shadow' method and grouping the whole lot with another rectangle (as per manual) BUT - can you stop it from cutting out around the big rectangle? Just seems a waste of cutting
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,388
    You can use two short lines or L shapes instead of an outside rectangle. The purpose is to have something that defines the boundaries of the project that makes it larger than the print object.   So, just place those little lines (or whatever you choose) in the upper right corner and the lower left corner. Unfortunately, they too will cut at the end but won't be as much of a waste of cutting in terms of time and blade usage.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
    @SandyMcC ah - that's great, thanks :-)

I've nearly got my labels sorted now. I'm horribly OCD and can't help myself - I keep tweaking things haha!

My ZING is still in it's 'partially' working state - I DO have the spare part but I'm a bit worried we might break it doing the repair so, as it's cutting nicely if I stick to A4 I'm working through some projects I want to get done first, before we take the plunge and get the soldering iron out LOL

@SandyMcC is there an easy way to edit text? I need 2 versions of the 'info' on the back of my labels but I can't seem to edit the content of the text items, just create new ones. Maybe I need to do both versions and re-size them together, then just put them on different layers? I'm OCD - I want the text to be the same size!

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,320
    There is not way to edit already created text
    only replace what you want to change
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing thanks. Such a shame - it would be such a time saver! I ended up creating both versions and then re-sizing them at the same time. Would be soooo much easier if you could just edit the existing text but never mind. 

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,986
    @Pippin - yes it would be nice, but it doesn't work that, and likely won't ever work that way. You can try Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL), it at least is being updated on a regular basis and the newest version 5 was just released.