We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Printing with MTC on the silhouette cameo

I am trying to print a poster using MTC & my cameo.  My question is how do I get MTC to "color in" or "fill" the letters, instead of just outlining them?  I don't want to cut, so I'm not using the print and cut feature.  Thanks in advance for any help.  

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,320
    edited July 15
    The are a number of way to select fill colour
    one is right click the shape and choose change color,line,texture then choose select color

note
    only closed paths can contain color fill or texture
    the colour of the line will not change
    you can choose whether the line if printed or in  file>print options

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • CohensLollieCohensLollie Member Posts: 103
    Thanks for the help, but I'm still not sure what I need to do.  I don't use MTC as much as I did in the past, so I'm a bit rusty.  Not sure about open and closed paths.  How do I do this?  I know how to change the fill color.  But when I print it w/my cameo, it only outlines the letters, it doesn't fill them in.  Sorry if I'm not explaining myself very well.  I'm trying to create a poster w/MTC and my cameo so I can use bigger paper (printer only goes to 11x14).  Thanks again for your help!
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,320
    edited July 15
    OK i misunderstood your question
    you are wanting to use a pen in your cameo to draw both the outline and fill them in

There are a few videos on creating line fill  here is one
    one disadvantage of this method is the is creates a fill made of of thin rectangle shapes rather the single lines
    so depending on the pen your using the ended of each rectangle can have to much ink applied

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,388
    Go to File>Print Options and make sure Print Wireframe Only is not checked. 
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/