We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Silhouette Cameo 3 - Registration Marks

okobokob Member Posts: 2
My silhouette is not printing but I'm not sure if it's the machine or the user (me). When I go to print/cut it's stating it can't locate registration marks. There are any registration marks on my blank white vinyl. Do I need to print my design on my vinyl first then cut it. Pardon the probably very silly question but mine didn't come in the original packaging and I'm just trying to figure this all out. 

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,351
    edited July 13
    I assume you're using Silhouette Studio ?

Firstly, just to let you know, Make the Cut software is what this forum is all about and it does not cut directly to the cameo 3. The MTC Silhouette plugin was not updated to work with the Cameo 3.

Print and Cut is means that you print your project on your printer. Then the printout would include some registration marks that allow the cutter to align the shape to be cut with the design on print out.

If you're just wanting to cut shapes from your vinyl there is no need to use the print and cut function. 

The are a number of Silhouette based web resources. This one seems to cover a lot and will be more current with the latest release of silhouette studio.

https://www.silhouetteschoolblog.com/

YouTube has many Cameo3 videos that might be helpful, too.
    Post edited by Gabe on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • okobokob Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much! That’s what I was trying to figure out because the print job is requesting registration marks
  • gll5613gll5613 Member Posts: 49
    Assuming that you are using Silhouette Studio, the registration marks should only be enabled on the workpage when doing a print-and-cut. If you are only cutting, please turn off the registration marks so that the cutter isn't instructed to detect them. In Studio V4.1, the Registration Marks tab is in the Page Setup panel. If the registration marks are automatically enabled by default when you launch Studio, open the Preferences>Defaults window and uncheck the Registration Marks option. Note that if you are using Studio V3, the Registration Marks icon is in the upper toolbar between the Page Settings and Grid Settings icons.