We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

how to set up silhouette cameo to cut

Got a new silhouette cameo and can not get make the cut to notice that it is my cutting machine.  I use to have a cricut and it worked fine.  How do I set up cut for the silhouette?

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,135
    First, welcome to the Forum.  Second, what version of MTC were you using with the Cricut?  Did you update to the latest version of MTC if you are no longer using it with a Cricut?  If you are still wanting to use it with a Cricut besides the Silhouette Cameo - then what information we provided you depends upon which version of MTC you are trying to use.  Also, which Cameo do you have and are wanting to use?

Give us some more details as I have outlined above and we can point you in the right direction for your setup.  If not worrying about the Cricut any more, you would start with making sure you have the last version of MTC and that you have downloaded and installed the cutter plugin for the Silhouette cutters.  Note, however that it will not work fully with the latest machines.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,489
    If you just got the new Cameo that has two cutting heads, you should know that MTC has not been updated to work with that model.
  • mausbonmausbon Member Posts: 45

Sure Cuts A lot will work with the new Cameo. It was just updated:

http://www.craftedge.com/purchase/craftedge/purchase_scal5.php

New Zing Orbit user. Using MTC since 2008. Learning SCAL Previous Cricut and Silhouette owner.