We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Zing Orbit Print and Cut Success [Resolved]

mausbonmausbon Member Posts: 45
edited July 9 in Resolved Issues
I was a little worried when the manual suggested that you don't try to set up when tired etc. I thought oh my, if there is a disclaimer I am in trouble.

Since I am off til Monday, I thought I try as opposed to waiting until I have a project I need to get done. 

Anyway, it took me about 10 tries to calibrate the settings to cut out pretty much dead on. I did use the arrows as first suggested, however the picture below is my first "sample project". The second picture shows a little of the black from the heart but I am ok with that.

Post edited by Gabe on
New Zing Orbit user. Using MTC since 2008. Learning SCAL Previous Cricut and Silhouette owner.

Comments

• SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,421
    edited July 7
    Congratulations!  And sorry if my wording was discouraging. Maybe I should rethink how I phrase it?  I'm always open to new ideas.  :)

Regarding your calibration, if you're happy with it, then have fun doing more PNC projects!!! Also remember that you can always go back to the Edit Values window and click just a little in the direction you want the blade to move. It is so much easier to tweak calibrations on the Zing Orbit than on prior models.  And, of course, reach out for help when you need it.  
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • mausbonmausbon Member Posts: 45
    I appreciated the disclaimer, because it made me pause to think that the process needs patience. It was just I have been having a hard time with everything else and there wasn't any disclaimers, so I was like oh no. 

As you can see I can get it more exact, if I play around more with the settings. I was just so happy with this that I quit while I was ahead. 
    New Zing Orbit user. Using MTC since 2008. Learning SCAL Previous Cricut and Silhouette owner.
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,405
    Well done - each little step brings you closer to success.  Don't fear the process - as you see it is attainable with patience and determination.  We've all been there at the beginning of our adventures - you are not alone.  I have gone from being terrified to arrogantly confident and then fell flat on my face.  It will happen each time you think you know it all - you will then discover there is more to learn.  The end result is success.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,033
    @mausbon - glad to see you stuck with it and achieved your goal! Getting the PnC calibration can be a frustrating process for many users, but in the end so well worth it! Keep on having those successes and soon enough you'll be a master at it!