We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Colors printing muted on Sil. Studio Business Edition 4.1.206 vs printing bright on older 3.6.57

sandiegopmatsandiegopmat Member Posts: 1
I'm having issues with printing bright and vibrant colors and images. This morning I tried to print an image and the colors came out so muted - like it was almost grayscale or that I was running out of printer ink. I took out an old example of the same image from a couple years and saw that there was definitely a change. I was using the same printer and the exact same kind of paper so I couldn't figure it out - nothing had changed on my end. I know that I'd updated my MacOS to High Sierra and also, at some point I went from an older normal edition of Silhouette Studio to the Silhouette Business edition so I called Silhouette and asked them to help me troubleshoot and pinpoint what had changed that my colors were coming out muted. They had me:

- Change DPI settings multiple times
- Uninstal and re-installing the printer driver
- Changing the print quality settings (something I really didn't want to do)
- Delete the com.aspex folder 

Nothing worked - they offered me no other solutions. I called the printer company and spent over 50 minutes on the phone with them. We tried cleaning the nozzles, checking the cartridges, making sure the printer driver was right. They couldn't figure it out either. 

At this point, it could only be one of these three things:
1. The printer is broken (nope)
2. MacOS High Sierra vs an older OS edition
3. Sihouette Design Studio has changed something in their updates

So I did the only thing I could. I uninstalled my new Silhouette Studio Business Edition and printed the exact same file in the exact same way from an old legacy edition I downloaded this afternoon (3.6.57) that's from 2014 I think. The colors were MUCH brighter. I wrote Silhouette and told them that this was CLEARLY a Silhouette Studio problem - they acted like they had no idea. 

I'm assuming I'm not the only one who's noticed though, right? Does anyone have a solution to print vibrant colors but from the 4.1.206 Business Edition? I can't only use the super old 2014 legacy version. :/ 

Thanks. 

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,956
    edited July 5
    @sandiegopmat - welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum, where we assist users of the software Make The Cut! and it's supported cutters. If you were using Make The Cut! you likely wouldn't be having this issue, LOL.

As we don't actively support the software that you are using, I suggest you seek assistance directly with Silhouette themselves, as this sounds like a software issue that only they can resolve. Report it on the Support/Help area of the silhouetteamerica.com website: https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/faq

Cheers!