We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help!

FineVirtueFineVirtue Member Posts: 2
Help! I lost all the folders I created in silhouette studio business edition. I had thousands of imported files and they are all gone! I just opened up silhouette studio and noticed that the only files that I have are the ones from the silhouette store. I don't see here the program crashed or thing like that. The sad thing is that I didn't backup my library. I need a miracle right now. Even the recycle bin is empty. How can I recover all these files?

Answers

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,383
    edited July 3
    Click on your hard drive and check using search to see if they are there by putting in *file ext which ever one it is.  If they are still on the hard drive they will show up.  I',m guessing the file extension is " .studio " so you should put in the search *.studio  - try it and see if they are still there.  @Liz_A might have a better suggestion.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,135
    FineVirtue, welcome to the support forum for Make the Cut and Popup Card studio software programs. They are 3rd party programs that work with a variety of cutters including older Silhouette cutters which is why it would have shown up if you googled for help with Silhouette. As a result, you may not get a lot of specific help with those programs.I would recommend for the fastest, and best help you look for specific groups dedicated to the Silhouette cutters and their official programs. You can check for Facebook groups if you are on Facebook. There is one forum similar to this one run by a Silhouette users for helping fellow users. It can be found here: http://s15.zetaboards.com/Silhouette_Plus
    you might also try reaching out directly to the company via their contact page found here: 
    https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/contact. There is also a FAQ section there you might take a look at.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • gll5613gll5613 Member Posts: 46
    @FineVirtue - Sometimes the way that the Local User section collapses gives the appearance that folders and files are missing. Please check out this timely post at Silhouette School Blog to determine if that is the issue with your library: https://www.silhouetteschoolblog.com/2018/07/silhouette-studio-library-local-user.html

• FineVirtueFineVirtue Member Posts: 2
    A big thank you to all who responded to my question. The issue is still not resolved but I am actively following suggested options. I greatly appreciate the help.