We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Install on second computer?

TAMinatorTAMinator Member Posts: 2,905
Howdy, howdy, howdy!  Long time, no see.  Well, I've popped in once in a rare while and looked but haven't posted. Saw that Andy has moved on I guess? Got a job with a company...

Anyway...  my current laptop is several years old. And while I plan to use it for as long as I can with my machine (and just keep it in my scraproom) I'd like to have MTC installed on a new one and able to work should this old one seize up on me or something. A ready-to-go backup.

What I want to know is can and/or how do I do this? I have the program and plug-in I need backed up. I just don't know if it allows me to with my current registration key. (which I hope is the same as the one in my email because I remember Andy having to help me but I don't have that email anymore).   Well, I did a quick search while typing this so I guess you can install on more than one? Would I use the same key?  I haven't set up my new laptop yet so I haven't even attempted.
imageKaleidoscope Creations Stamps Made in USA photopolymer Kaleidoscope Creations Sometimes I think I should just keep my opinions to myself, she said, but someone has got to be the voice of reason. ~ Brian Andreas

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,904
    edited July 1
    Yes, the EULA says you can install on two computers at one time, but you cannot use MTC at the same time on those two computers. Yes, use same key unless you want to purchase another one.

Copy the contents of the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Make The Cut!\ on to a thumb drive from old computer, install the FTDI driver on the new computer first, reboot, then add the Make The Cut! folder to the same path as above on the new computer. I am assuming you are still using some old Cricut?
  • TAMinatorTAMinator Member Posts: 2,905
    Thanks!  Yes, still the old machine. ;)  So I have the last workable version and my plugin for in.  I have just now got on my new laptop for the first time. It's different. LOL  My old one I'm keeping around is Windows 7 if that is any indication. LOL I'm trying to install firefox on this one but it seems to be going super slow.

Well, I'm the only user and I have no scrapping pals (heck, even friends) IRL so there's no chance of them being used at the same time. LOL

I don't know what FTDI means. LOL  But if I understand you correctly - I install the program and driver. Then if I copy that folder that would bring all my related files over? 
    oh geez.... at some point I need to consider and move my fonts, too! 
    imageKaleidoscope Creations Stamps Made in USA photopolymer Kaleidoscope Creations Sometimes I think I should just keep my opinions to myself, she said, but someone has got to be the voice of reason. ~ Brian Andreas
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,904
    The FTDI drivers are what sets up the communication between the cutter connected on a USB port to the computer, won't work without it =).