We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Skewed designs

toocutemomtoocutemom Member Posts: 44
edited June 28 in General
When cutting designs using MTC and my silhouette, some designs look as if the blade has jumped off track causing the design to be skewed as seen in the image of the A. Help Please.

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,356
    I don't think that horizontal part in the A is cause by anyone software issue
    check your cutting settings and that there is not a small piece of material up inside the blade holder

although you blade offset maybe not correct as the corner look a little odd maybe that is how this font is ?
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 10,029
    I agree with @Crazy_Mr_Zing - check your offset, and for bits stuck in the blade holder. Also this could be an indication of a very badly chipped blade which may be hard to see with the naked eye.
  • toocutemomtoocutemom Member Posts: 44
    Thank you. Would that cause the alignment to be so skewed for the center part of the A?
    The section indicated by the red arrow appear more torn the cut
    possible cause are
    damaged blade
    blade not turning correctly possible from pieces of material up inside blade holder
    if your using a mat the area was not stick down well ?

check inside your holder for pieces of material if its clean and have a new blade try that blade is no improvement you can swap back 

Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    What would cause it to jump and cut the middle portion of the A over to the side? I tried to cut this A 5 times and it jumped and cut incorrectly every time
    Oh I didn't realise the small triangle was part of the same cut shape ?

Which way was this A cut Upright or on it side

The material may have slipped where the arrowed part was tearing rather than cutting

I still suspect the is a issue would you blade or blade holder
    On closer inspecting the uncut area look worst that i first thought

I cleaned the blade and that seemed to really help the situation. Thank you so much for your time and patience