We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Flushing Buffers

scoutmom333scoutmom333 Member Posts: 2
edited June 27 in Resolved Issues
I have a KNK Zing.  When I am cutting a large project(anything over 45,000 points (?)) it will display "flushing buffers". It continues to cut the entire project, there are places in the cut that were not cut correctly.  It's like when it flushes the buffers it looses its place and starts where it remembers.  It very frustrating and wastes time and material.  I try and make my cuts small, but sometimes they just have to be a large one and not easily divided up.

Help, please.
Shawna

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,311
    Probably not related but are you using windows or mac

I had this issue with large and high detailed patterns I think The the safest workaround is divide the pattern up and cut the 1st part then cut the next using the same origin
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,489
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing is right, there is no real fix for this problem.  About the only real things you can do when you have a complex, highly detailed, project is to try to simplify the paths and also divide the image into 2 or more layers.  Then cut each layer separately.  That stops the software from sending too many nodes to the cutter than it can buffer all at one time.  Although I don't like to say it, since there hasn't been an update to MTC for several years, it may behoove you to try out SCAL. (sigh)
  • scoutmom333scoutmom333 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks.  I have been splitting them up.  Just was hoping that there was anther solution.

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,366
    It is also computer dependent as well - so a more powerful multi core computer can also help in making the buffer more manageable.

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,956
    So many factors involved, how fresh is the computer from a recent reboot, how many other programs, windows, applications are open and consuming RAM? How efficient are the programs recently closed in releasing used RAM? The best test is to shut down, restart, open just the one file, the one MTC window and try from there.