We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help with file

mittens1mittens1 Member Posts: 49
I have been trying to turn this into a svg and can't seem to get it right.  Image isn't coming out with clean cut lines.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  Can anyone help.. Please and Thank you!

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,312
    edited June 24
    I think that image maybe to small to get a reasonable trace

what is the intended purpose of the project ?

I think it would be easier to recreate this as a really quickly knocked up example

Here is my file without the fish

There are quite a few perch svg files available under a creative common licence here

https://thenounproject.com/search/?q=perch

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • mittens1mittens1 Member Posts: 49
    wanted to use on mug and scrapbook

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,956
    I believe Julie addressed this on the MTC Tuts list and she provided a file. The image is too small and too low in quality to trace, therefore recreating it is the best solution. Crazy Mr Zing is confirming that.
  • coolideascoolideas Member Posts: 2
    But you still need some answers, so for everyone's sake, here's what worked for me. Saw this technique on susanbrobot's video (love her!) I used your JPG file and it worked good, except for the fish (later on this). First open the jpg file and right-click, select "copy". Now go into MTC and do File/Import/Pixel Trace then click "paste". Next, change these parameters:  Resample Image x 3 (or more), In Pixel tab select "by Luminance", change Threshold to 65 or so -you may need to play with that. Watch your image change when you click "Apply changes". Do as often as you want. If you're happy with it (ignore the fish), then click "Finish Tracing". This places the traced image into your MTC open file. Everything looks good, but the fish details inside are lacking. Normally, you would click on "Texturize", but your picture is too pixelated. My suggestion is to copy/paste into another software, crop the fish only, resize it larger so you can draw on it, then print and physically redraw the inside details (eye, fins, scales, etc). Then scan that into your computer (or take a photo as a jpg) and do above again -on the fish alone.  Hope this helps.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,312
    edited June 26
    There no need to trace the text part as that is quite easily done using the wrap to path function

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,956
    I would agree with @Crazy_Mr_Zing, pixel traced text if not of a very high quality, traces poorly and when you can literally find thousands of fonts that look like the font used in a project, I wouldn't bother with trying to perfect the trace on text. Both suggestions from Crazy Mr Zing are spot on. Suggestions on detailed pixel tracing are also good, except as I mentioned I wouldn't bother in this case as the file is so easily replicated. Scaled down to be used on small items will work admirably.
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,384
    I've sent you a design that might meet the bill.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.