We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help! How to increase "copies" of cut job sent to cutter

Good morning everyone :)

I'm looking for a way to cut out multiple identical cut jobs from my cutter (Zing Orbit), in a way that is similar to printing out multiple identical print copies from a printer. I've google'd this for some time and have come up empty.

Help me MTC forum, you're my only hope!

Thank you much!
-J   

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,322
    edited June 9
    Are you using Make the Cut or Sure Cuts a Lot

So your wanting cut your pattern replace the material then cut the same pattern again is the correct  ?

Is the a regular type cut or print and cut
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,987
    @mdhttr89 - as asked by Crazy_Mr_Zing, we need to know what it is you're cutting. You have mentioned the KNK Zing Orbit, that's helpful, but likely you are using SCAL as the ZO is not fully supported by MTC.

This cutter does not have a repeat function, so however you manage this process, it will be relatively manual, except of course the process for a print and cut, the cut part of which is performed by the cutter.
  • mdhttr89mdhttr89 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the quick response Crazy_Mr_Zing and Liz_A

I'm using Make the Cut (as that's the software that comes standard with the Zing Orbit), not Sure Cuts a Lot.

I have a roll of 12" wide Mylar I'm cutting, and I'd like to cut 36, 11" wide circles from it. The most time efficient way to do this, would be to have the cutter cut, have the cutter rollers spool out more mylar from its roll, and the repeat the cutting code again. 

Is there really no way to do this with the Zing Orbit and MTC? Is this functionality supported by SCAL and/or US Cutter machines?   
    @mdhttr89 - my understanding is that no software is provided with the Zing Orbit, you have to choose to purchase it (SCAL) additionally. I do know that MTC is not fully compatible with the ZO (can't do print and cut and it won't support the Orbitizer), and KNK does not sell MTC anymore and hasn't for awhile*.

That said, you can create a virtual mat based on a custom mat size, of any size. You may be able to get a mat custom cut locally to a longer length, or online...someone recently posted a link to a website that would do that. I would suggest maybe taping two 12 x 24 inch length mats together to get a ~48 inch length mat. 

*from the ZO webpage: 
    Max Cutting Width15 Inches | 24 Inches
    Max Cutter Opening19.5″ (Zing Orbit 15) | 28.5″ (Zing Orbit 24)
    Max Cutting Pressure (Force)~1000g
    Max Speed30in/sec diagonal
    ConnectivityUSB & WiFi
    Alignment for Print & CutAutomatic Registration Tracking (ART)
    # of Pinch Feed Wheels3 (Zing Orbit 15) | 4 (Zing Orbit 24)
    Bladeholder Seat (Jaw) Adjustable to 0.825″
    Machine Dimensions(HxDxW)5.75  x 6.8 x 26.5in (Zing Orbit 15) | 5.75  x 6.8 x 35.5in (Zing Orbit 24)
    Machine Weight21.16 lbs (Zing Orbit 15) | 27.6 lbs (Zing Orbit 24)
    SoftwareSure Cuts A Lot (Optional)
    WarrantyFull 12 month warrany (Extended 12 month warranty optional)
    edited June 9
    I assuming your mylar doesn't have a backing sheet like vinyl
    any material the doesn't have a backing sheet need to be cut on a mat and the mat how the material together while you cutting
    if the material did have a backing sheet in theory you could create a long virtual cutting mat and add multiple circles
    I don't think mtc has a limit but scal regular version has a 6 ft max length

As it would appear You could use a longer mat say 24 inch and cut 2 circles at a time or 36" mat and cut 3 circle etc
    Though I'm thinking it may just be easier to cut them one at a time 

Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,388
    @mdhttr89, as a representative of KNK USA, I need to know where you purchased your Zing Orbit since MTC should never be provided as software WITH this particular KNK model because of the limitations mentioned by Liz A and Crazy Mr Zing.   You are certainly not at fault here... it would be an issue I need to clarify with your dealer and I will very happily address this for you right away.  I'm sending you a private message here at this forum OR you can email me at [email protected] and provide me more information about your purchase.   
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • mdhttr89mdhttr89 Member Posts: 3
    Good morning y'all!

I'm very happy to see so many responses! Let me get back into it.

SandyMcC and  Liz_A - Please refer to the following url, which infers that MTC is available for the Zing Orbit.

https://knkusa.com/mtc/

If this is in error, thank you for the save! 

Crazy_Mr_Zing you are correct! But I developed a tool set (via my 3D printer, and MTC) to resolve the stability issue.

A longer virtual mat could work, BUT I would need to be able to instruct the cutter to work from the bottom circle to the top, else it might jump from one section of the circle on the very bottom, to one section of the circle on the very top, which would produce horrible results. Do you have any idea how to accomplish this? SandyMcC and  Liz_A I'd be happy to hear your input. 

Does the order in which shapes are put on the virtual mat in MTC affect their cutting order? Is there a way to control this (without selecting/deselecting layers, and pressing print over and over)?

Cheers,
    -J  

@mdhttr89 - I believe that page is just an old hang-over page from when KNKUSA sold MTC with the original KNK Zing (before Zing Air, and before Zing Orbit) whereby new users of Zings at the time (not the Zing Orbit) and Maxx cutters would be provided.

The Zing Orbit is not mentioned on that page at all, nor even hinted at. The Zing Air was similar to but not the same as the original Zing. The Zing Orbit has quite a bit of newer technology in it and is least like the original Zing. There are links on the page to the plugins for the Zing/Zing Air, the Maxx and other older KNK cutters, again the Zing Orbit is not listed at all.

To create your own cut order, know that MTC cuts from the right to the left in order of placement of shape on mat, cuts inner bits first, then outer. You can check cut order by selecting all, then CTRL+SHIFT+X to view the View Path Detail, click the top line, then press the down arrow key to follow the cut path. In most cases if you use the Duplicate function, last on the mat on the right is cut first.
    As example, put a 1 inch circle on the mat. Then use the Duplicate function to create one row of 10 circles. View Path Detail shows that it will cut last to first.

Undo, so you have 1 circle again, Duplicate again to create multiple rows. View Path Detail again. This time it starts at the bottom right shape, does each end shape up the last column, goes back down to the bottom row, second shape from right and so on. I had to leave the house so I didn’t get to see what happens if you weld a row of shapes and the flip from right to left. 
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,388
    edited June 10
    Is your Mylar backed with a protective sheet that is not penetrated by the blade during the cut?  If not, then you must use a sticky cutting mat for cutting the Mylar and brayer it down well before cutting.  This means that cutting from a roll isn't really feasible.   On the other hand, if your Mylar is already attached to a backing sheet then SCAL Pro has the ability to move the material foward so that the blade is at the end of the last cut and ready to cut in the position you would want. There's also an advance setting where you can enter, say, 1 inch and have that distance between each cut.  This is ideal for those cutting vinyl and HTV which are both rolled products with a backing sheet that isn't cut.  
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/

Crazy_Mr_Zing you are correct! But I developed a tool set (via my 3D printer, and MTC) to resolve the stability issue.

A longer virtual mat could work, BUT I would need to be able to instruct the cutter to work from the bottom circle to the top, else it might jump from one section of the circle on the very bottom, to one section of the circle on the very top, which would produce horrible results. Do you have any idea how to accomplish this? SandyMcC and  Liz_A I'd be happy to hear your input. 

Does the order in which shapes are put on the virtual mat in MTC affect their cutting order? Is there a way to control this (without selecting/deselecting layers, and pressing print over and over)?

Cheers,
    -J  

I'm intrigued by you tool set up that would allow cutting non backed materials

if your cutting just one 11"" circle after the other MTC will cut the circle closest to the bottom right  then the next above then the next above . so you feed from roll should work

If you pattern other just then just single circles eg smal shape inside large shape mtc cutting would  cut the internal shapes first  i think this would cuase too many issue feeding back an forth
  • jesprattjespratt Member Posts: 54
    If you use landscape mode instead of portrait it will cut from bottom to top instead of left to right. Just remember when laying out your circles in portrait mode the bottom circle will be the one on the far right on your screen and the top is on the left.