We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

I am trying to download the file for the Dr. Suess cuts.

CricutUserCricutUser Member Posts: 1
I am trying to download the file for the Dr. Suess cuts. I kept getting a Permission Denied.  Christy is the blogger. 

Answers

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,229
    You may have to provide a link to the pages you talking about
    Dr. Suess cuts doesn't give us a lot to go on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,873
    I am going to suggest that the posted (who just joined today) thinks that this a generic cutting forum, and is likely trying to get files that were shown on pinterest or etsy. @CricutUser - contact the blogger Christy directly, as I don't recognize that name as an active member here at the Make The Cut! forum.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,229
    edited June 6
    I think I cracked it
    there some old discussions that mention dr suess and a blogg link
    http://everdaylittlethings.blogspot.com/ 
    The forum user's name is CaseysAngel (not active since  2014)
    I suspecting the blogg had be not active or is restricted

around a year or so ago quite a few bloggs that featured licensed content ended up in this state  kraftynook  which did eventually return minus the content ?

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing - good detective work...I considered the thought of searching the forum as I very vaguely recall the Dr. Zeuss theme. People who think they can take other people's copyright work and make money from them without permission typically don't last long in public places like etsy and pinterest, so I figured that was the outcome of that one.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,119
    Christy - CaseysAngel - was a very active member of the forum for a number of the early years.  She helped with many things including the webinars and maybe moderating the forum.  She had several cut files she created and gave away, including some of Dr. Seuss characters.  She did not sell them.  Like many others, she freely shared her files she created here on the forum. She had small children already and then had another baby girl and that took her away from the forums and the crafting when that happened and she probably shut her blog down about that same time.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    @MeFlick - thanks for the information, I recall the forum id. I am still quite sure however that you cannot use copyright images in a public place without permission of the owner, whether they were free or not.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,119
    @Liz_A I am well aware of that. I just wanted to explain who Christy was and why she had closed her blog. 
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)