We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

BossKut - all lights are on - wearing out?

CindyHoDesignsCindyHoDesigns Member Posts: 8
I have a bosscut Gazelle and been using it regularly for over 5 years.  Speed and pressure is indicated by 7 LED makers on the machine.  Further to the right, higher the pressure.   Recently all the lights are on so I can't tell what pressure or Speed!  The company website contact and forums no answers.  Anyone had this light issue?  This a sign of my machine wearing out?  Still cuts fine but because I use it for my business I need to decide if I need to upgrade to a new machine or take the risk and continue using the Gazelle until it completely dies

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,378
    edited May 21
    I know nothing but it sounds technical - maybe the wiring is shorting out or has got stuck or a solenoid is no longer functioning properly.  Time to start considering a new machine but I am guessing it will continue working for a while yet.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,926
    @CindyHoDesigns - I would suggest it's a matter of the board inside the cutter going or gone bad, as suggested by Diana. If you can't get support for it, then yes, it may be time to consider an upgrade. Do you not set speed and pressure in the plugin?
  • juliefesjuliefes Member Posts: 4,871
    Speed and pressure are not set using the plugins for this machine. It has a printer driver, and speed and pressure are set using buttons on the machine. I have not had this particular issue, except when I was using the incorrect power supply. So many of those look alike, and may fit the machine, but power input is quite a bit different. If you have multiple machines, be sure to mark the power cord and power converter box with the name of the device using it. I burned up one of my Gazelles by using the wrong power converter.   If that is not the problem, then you may have an electrical short on the motherboard. I don't know if they have any motherboards available. I recommend that you go to the Bosskut Member's Forum, and ask about this there. 

• mayra71mayra71 Member Posts: 35
    Sadly I just said my goodbyes to both my Bosskuts :(. It was a hard decision to make but it became too unreliable and started wasting a lot of my time and materials when it would just stop cutting mid design, or not cut at all. I think its a USB problem or mother board, but with the company no longer making them or supporting them, no sense in trying to get it fixed. I just bought a Scan n cut 2 weeks ago and am loving it way more than I ever loved my Bosskut. It's been a long time coming
  • CindyHoDesignsCindyHoDesigns Member Posts: 8
    > @juliefes said:
    > Speed and pressure are not set using the plugins for this machine. It has a printer driver, and speed and pressure are set using buttons on the machine. I have not had this particular issue, except when I was using the incorrect power supply. So many of those look alike, and may fit the machine, but power input is quite a bit different. If you have multiple machines, be sure to mark the power cord and power converter box with the name of the device using it. I burned up one of my Gazelles by using the wrong power converter.   If that is not the problem, then you may have an electrical short on the motherboard. I don't know if they have any motherboards available. I recommend that you go to the Bosskut Member's Forum, and ask about this there. 

I use the original power supply that came with the machine so I know it's not that. It's sad as I LOVE this machine. No answer from the company nor the forum other to email the company. If is not fixable I just need someone to say that. If the customer support is not there I have no choice but to start looking for a new one. If my laser cutter could cut vinyl safely I wouldn't need to buy a new one
  • juliefesjuliefes Member Posts: 4,871
    The only information I have available about reaching John, "Mr. Bosskut" is this.
    You can try calling and writing to see if you can get a response. He would be the one to provide parts or service. He would also know how to advise you about what the issue might be, and if there is a fix. 
    Phone: 573-364-7849 or (573) 364-0196

Email: [email protected] or [email protected]

2301 Old St. James Rd.
    Rolla, MO 65401

If you cannot reach him, there is not likely any recourse for your situation, and you may need to get a new cutter. When mine broke, one of my handy students took it apart and fixed it. I think it was a broken wire that he simply fixed. These are not complex machines, so maybe you know someone who would like a challenge.