We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Zing Orbit Drop-out

mausbonmausbon Member Posts: 45

I was really excited when I was able to purchase ZO for Christmas. However, I think I am not up to the learning curve challenge.

• I have not been able to use the Bluetooth because of my router issues.
  • I spent 2 days trying to get a decent cut for a simple Mickey Mouse Ears project. I was able to use the Silhouette C3 straight out the box to get the cut.
  • I have to test cut multiple times to be able to get the perfect cut.
  • Without any markings for the blade, I don't know how to get back to that sweet spot if I change media.
  • I just want don't want to deal with what seems like a huge learning curve.
  • While I am newbie ZO, I am not new to cutting.
  • I just want to plug and play and that doesn't seem like I can do that.

I am feeling a little buyer's remorse with all of things previously mentioned. From those of you that use and love the ZO, do you think that I will regret selling my ZO?

New Zing Orbit user. Using MTC since 2008. Learning SCAL Previous Cricut and Silhouette owner.

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,903
    edited May 16
    @mausbon...you do not need a router to use Bluetooth. Bluetooth is a technology similar to WiFi, which would be provided by a router, but BT is not dependent on a router - the ability is built in to the devices that are connecting together. That is why you can connect your iPhone to a Bluetooth enabled portable printer in the middle of the Sahara dessert where there is just you, the printer with a battery and your iPhone fully charged +).

If you are having issues with BT and the ZO, on a Windows 10 computer, there are definite and specific steps to take. You can turn off your WiFi on the router for a short while if you think it is interfering (when actually a cordless home phone may be more at fault than the router) and go through those steps again, in the right sequence and exactly as stepped out. If you need more help, then please reach out again. It can be done!!!
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,351
    The Zing Orbit doesn't connect via Bluetooth.  @mausbon must be referring to Wi-Fi which should work, but I guess there's a router setting that's not allowing it. It works great for me but these things sometimes do happen. How far were you able to get in the setup process before it failed? 

As far as markings on the blade, there's a file you can print and cut that will provide you a way to record your blade exposure and get back to it again. You can download it from here... 2nd file from the bottom.

http://www.iloveknk.com/FreeFiles/MTC/

You just wrap it around your blade holder and then attach the arrow wherever you like at the top.  I usually recommend setting the blade so that just the tiniest tip is exposed and then making that "0", but it's totally arbitrary. 

I just realized that you may need that file in .SCUT4 format if you want to print AND cut it with your ZO. Have you set up your ZO for PNC yet? If not, you can cut it out by hand. But if you do have the ZO set up, then email me and I'll find the .SCUT4 version and respond. My email is [email protected] 

Regarding whether or not you should keep learning it, why did you want the ZO in the first place?  I personally have always loved the KNK models and I did test out some others along the way.  In my opinion they offer what I'm looking for in terms of speed and pressure, sturdiness, plus the ability to insert my own pens, markers, embossing devices and even glue pens directly into the cutter. I also find the accuracy of the print and cut to be far better than with other cutters. 

Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • mausbonmausbon Member Posts: 45

@Sandy

I have gotten the ZO to connect once or twice, but it takes several tries. So rather than be aggravated I just don't try anymore.

I haven't even tried the print and cut yet. I can't even get a basic cut shape.

Thanks for the link, I will need to order printable vinyl. I am using SCAL mostly because of my Mac, so I will email you for that file as well.

New Zing Orbit user. Using MTC since 2008. Learning SCAL Previous Cricut and Silhouette owner.