We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Font Question

PennyPenny Member Posts: 2,103
edited May 15 in Help for Make The Cut
@Liz_A or @SandyMcC ;
Does MTC have a folder where it would stores the fonts that I have added from an outside folder - not my system font folder? Hopefully I am explaining this correctly. I have a new computer and want to add the fonts that I have added over the years back into MTC. Hoping MTC has a location for these. I searched the past post but couldn't find anything. Thought I had seen something about this a long time ago. Thanks in advance.
Penny in Albuquerque, NM "Not all those who wander are lost." - R.R. Tolkien

Best Answers

• PennyPenny Posts: 2,103
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you Liz for getting back with me. I will look at this in the next couple of days. Will let you know if I have any problems. Takes a long time to set things up on a new computer. I loved Windows 7 and really do not like Windows 10 but must learn to use it. Old age getting the best of me. Thanks again for your help.

Answers

• PennyPenny Member Posts: 2,103
    Your meant to be able to backup your shapes, custom matsizes, and your permanent fonts by going to:
    Help » Advanced » Backup and Restore "Your Shapes" » Backup

Take that  file to you now computer and Help » Advanced » Backup and Restore » Restore

I not sure the the backup actually contains a copy of the font files themselves but rather a reference to where the font file is stored

I did that when I first setup the new computer so I'm hoping the fonts are there. My shapes are there in the shapes folder - I will let you know if the fonts are there. I am comparing my font list in MTC so I can see what my be missing. Hubby on one machine and me on the others. lol 
    Thanks everyone for your help.
    @Liz_A   After starting to compare the fonts last night and realizing I was only looking at my system fonts - I gave up. Yes, I will just find and load my extra fonts on my new computer as I need them.

@Gabe   I had extra fonts I had loaded into MTC on my old system from several different external drives and folders. I will just go after them as I need them - just too much work trying to figure out which ones they are since I had already unhooked my external drives from my old computer.

@Crazy_Mr_Zing    I will look at .fnt file and see if it will tell me what drive name the extra fonts where on. In the future, I will be having a folder on my main drive for the extra fonts that I load into MTC. This way it will also be drive c and I can just copy over the folder. I should have know that, but wasn't thinking when loading on different fonts I like. Lesson learned!!

I appreciate all your help. This forum is the greatest.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,480
    @Penny, then probably it would be easiest to simply copy the fonts to a new folder on your new computer and then re-add them to MTC, as needed.  If you have too many fonts, ie; they would take up too much space on the new computer, then I would advise at least putting them all on one external drive, rather than several.  Good luck with this project.  It might be a bit tedious, but worth it in the long run.
    @Gabe   Thanks Gabe - This is what I plan on doing.

I really appreciated all the help everyone has given me.