We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

jpeg into mtc clearly {Resolved]

mkcatchermkcatcher Member Posts: 3
edited April 28 in Resolved Issues
Help. cannot get black and white jpeg into mtc. I have tried the import and pixel trace with no luck. can someone help please
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,199
    edited April 27
    what do you mean by clearly
    If you imported image appears low resolution in maybe the the image caching option has been enabled
    this reduce the resolution of the image displaying on screen to conserve system resources
    the is in Help> Advanced Settings
    also have the mat set to anything other than contrast can give the the image a slightly translucent look

Hows is this

These are the setting I used 
    You could experiment a little more from these

The Resample Image setting help sharp the trace

I put the file up here as the forum is not playing nice at the moment

Here are some link to some helpful pixel trace videos

Make The Cut - Pixel Tracing for a PNC

Make The Cut: Pixel Trace Part 1 - Pixel Tab Option

Make The Cut: Pixel Trace Part 2 - Alpha Tab

Make The Cut: Pixel Trace Part 3 - Palette Tab

Make-The-Cut: Pixel Trace Part 4 - Color Tab
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,838
    @mkcatcher - you might want to set your Virtual Mat from Green to Contrast...then your image will appear "clearly".
  • mkcatchermkcatcher Member Posts: 3
    I changed all the settings to what you had and yes that box was checked, I have no idea what that option even is but I appreciate the help. The image is MUCH better. I appreciate the help
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,838
    @mkcatcher - Make The Cut! is a program that converts images to a vector path so they can be cut by a cutter - eg basic shapes, fonts, simple vector images. It was not initially designed to support or work with raster images.

The developer has said that if he knew where Make The Cut! would end up going when he started it, he would have built in better support for raster images. As we gained the ability to import and work with raster images for purposes like print and cut out, people complained bitterly that Make The Cut! would bog down badly when raster images were being used, often crashing and users lose their work.

As a result of the complaining, the developer made it so that raster images would land on the mat and VIEW on the mat at a lower resolution quality than they actually are - this saves graphic memory and allows MTC to work efficiently, and MTC is able to manage the refresh of the screen of large sized graphics.

The ability to see what your graphics will print like, has always been supported in the File => Print Preview. You can't work in Print Preview, so there isn't a problem with just viewing the image at full resolution, but there is a problem when trying to work with them on the Virtual Mat. As an experiment, take the image you have imported, pixel traced and then duplicate it several times, so for example, you want to print and cut 20 of them. You will find with each duplication, MTC will slow down proportionally, and eventually may even crash, so good advice is to remember to save your work often!!

As an example, I used a simple little graphic that was about 600kb in size, and duplicated it many time over the mat, added some other graphics on a new sheet, and eventually had a file so big, that when I saved and closed it, Make The Cut! was never ever able to open that file, I had to recreate it from scratch. That time, I used a raster graphics editing program to reduce the quality of my image to something smaller, which still printed beautifully, but did not cause MTC to crash when I duplicated it many times.

Hope that helps!

PS That box is checked by default, for all the reasons stated - mostly to help prevent you from losing your work =).
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,199
    mkcatcher said:
    I changed all the settings to what you had and yes that box was checked, I have no idea what that option even is but I appreciate the help. The image is MUCH better. I appreciate the help
    I assuming you meaning The image cacheing setting was enabled
    Image caching helps reduce the load on your computer by reducing the on screen  image display quality it has no effect on the printed image quality
    You may find disabling image cacheing has no effect when working with small or lower dpi image
    but keep this setting in mind if your working with larger or higher dpi images or multiple images as they can cause MTC to slow or stop responding completely

You can always check what the actual image will look like when printed by using the print preview function

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • mkcatchermkcatcher Member Posts: 3
    Cannot thank you enough for the dropbox image. this was so helpful.