We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

acrylic mugs

aileencokaileencok Member Posts: 1
i would like to do acrylic double walled mugs that have the paper insert - only I want to replace the paper insert with a vinyl insert. Has anyone done this or know if it can be done?

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,905
    @aileencok The ones that I have done screw apart so you can replace the inside part.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,480
    @Liz_A, if I'm not mistaken, she's not referring to getting into the insert area, but rather how to use MTC to create a vinyl replacement for the paper insert  As in how to use Conical Warp to create the correct tapered shape and possibly how to get a custom image made with vinyl to stick correctly to the shape of the mug.  @aileencok, we need a bit more info, to be able to provide the best advice  :)

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,905
    @Gabe - you may be right! I just took out the insert, measured it and use the Conical Warp to make mine, it was very easy.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,126
    I took the original paper insert out, scanned it into MTC and did a pixel trace to get the basic insert shape needed.  Easy Peasy - then you can do whatever you want with it from there.  Cut it out in decorative paper, vinyl, create design to fit the shape, etc.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)