We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

MTC updates

johnraymondjohnraymond Member Posts: 5
Hi All, I have been happily using my Zing cutter with MTC ver.4.6.2 for the last 2-3 yrs absolutely trouble free but was wondering if there is an update or indeed a better alternative to MTC software that may offer a few extras or facilities.
I am well aware "if it ain't broke don't fix it" bit thought I'd log in and check if there is anything out there. Sorry if this seems "where the hell as this guy been" but hello again.
Cheers
Ray

Best Answer

Answers

• johnraymondjohnraymond Member Posts: 5
    Many thanks for the reply. When I first bought my Zing cutter I'm sure the copy of MTC was free, it works,never crashes and satisfies my simple needs so updates are not really necessary. I agree that this has always been a somewhat happy and informative forum and certainly one of of the best have been on.
    I suppose I should apologise for not being more active but my needs have always been quite basic so there is not a great deal I can offer regarding tips and tricks.Testament to the reliability of both the Zing hardware and MTC software I suppose.
    Mant thanks again
    Ray
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,796
    @johnraymond - I don't think MTC has ever been free, maybe for the original beta testers if there were any. I purchased it about 1 week after it went public, and you could use it without paying for a license, but it marked up your work after the cut with a big X through the project.
  • 1cardcreator1cardcreator Member Posts: 820
    @Liz_A ; Mine was free also, it was part of my KNK Zing package deal, it was included with my machine.  I have the license to it also.  That was 1 of the main selling features for me, as I already owned SCAL software, and I dont think it worked with SCAL back then.  ~Diane
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,455
    Having MTC included in the box was also a main selling point for me, beside the wonder and the beauty of the Zing itself.  :D 

Not actually free, but included in the price of the Zing.  Feels like free though, doesn't it?  :)
  • 1cardcreator1cardcreator Member Posts: 820
    @Gabe ; Sure does, and yes I'm still in love with my Zing also!  ~Diane
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,796
    LOL getting MTC along with your Zing purchase wasn't free, the cost was factored into the price you paid :)