We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How to correct KNK Zing not making square cuts

My 45 degree blade was dull and so replaced it with a new 45 degree blade. The blade tip protrudes minimally beyond the opening of the blade holder and allows a test hand cut through a sheet of my 48lb paper. However rectangular cuts are not square. There is excellent tack on the cutting board plus I us a roller to press the sheet down and I tape down all four edges. The stock is 48lb, blade is set at 25 post-it height, speed is Cut: 11 Up: 11, Force is 65 and Multicut is 1, Blade offset is .45mm and am using the print-and-cut option. Also I have a fomecore surface level with the KNK Zing on each side so the cutting mat doesn’t sag going forward or reverse. I have two jpeg snapshots which show what is happening if that is any help. For the right angles the blade appears to veer up/left/right and then straighten. On others the edges are rounded.

Best Answer

Answers