We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Colouring shapes [Resolved]

dazdaz Member Posts: 13
edited April 10 in Resolved Issues
I am wanting to colour the shapes for a card so they are easily identifiable for different parts of the body, but some shapes are colouring and some aren't.  I used the colour box on the layer bar to colour.  I checked in print preview and the ones not showing colour do not show on the print preview either.  Also is it possible to rename the layers please?  I know there are simple answers to these, but can't remember them.

Thanks...Daz
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,348
    First off the shapes have to be closed to add colour to them.  Secondly to renames a layer double click on the current name and then type in what you want it to say.  Also the areas wont print if they are not in solid colour unless you tell it to print the outlines.  Does this help some?
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • dazdaz Member Posts: 13
    Thank Di for your reply.  The weird thing is that I bring a basic circle in and it will colour any colour I like.  The tag that I got from the MTC library wont colour.  I've used it heaps of times to cut so it is definately closed, and I've checked it's unlocked as it must be because I've changed the size so often.  It's still not colouring.  I have set the colour on fill/outline.

Thanks for the rename advice.  See how easy it is when you know what you're doing!

Any more suggestions re the colour.  I know this happened before and was simple, I just don't remember what I am doing wrong.

Daz
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,348
    edited April 7
    Can you drop the tag here so that I can look see at it.  (Save me hunting for it).  I'm a novice with MTC in some ways but without seeing the item I cant make a judgement call on it.  It might be that you need to shadow it to get it to behave - there are all sorts of tricks and some will work and others wont.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,867
    edited April 7
    @daz - there are 24 pages of results for tag, please be specific. If you can make changes to the size, then unlocking is not an issue. You may need to select and try the Fuse n Weld at Optimal.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,328
    Please post the file because now you have us all curious! I'm sure one of us will be able to explain why it's different from a circle, but we can't without seeing the file ourselves. Thanks!
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
    You are going to think I'm dumb...I don't know how to post the file.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,867
    @daz - in the row of icons above the Leave a Comment blank box, click the icon that looks like a paper...mouse over it and it says Attach file.
    Thanks Liz I'll try it.  By going back I noticed I dropped a different tag down and a different scalloped circle.  I still cant see it broken at all.  Ok so I went into "choose file" selected the file through explorer hit open and it said file failed to load.  I tried dragging and dropping and same thing.  
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,328
    edited April 9
    Do this instead... find your file in the user gallery and tell us the name and the user id as shown in my screenshot below. Then we can go find the file ourselves.  

Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,119
    daz said:
    . . .   I've used it heaps of times to cut so it is definately closed, . . . 
    I just wanted to point out that just because a shape will cut, does not mean that it is a "closed" shape.  Is the shape "colored" when you put it on your mat?  For example, if your mat is set to the default green color, shapes added to that mat will default to the green fill color. If its set to the pink mat, it defaults to pink, etc.  If there is no color like that in your shape then it is probably not a completely closed shape even if it cuts.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    It didn't come in coloured and nor did the scallop circle.  Sandy I have been looking  for them on the user gallery and can't find it.  Then I rename them.  I will note the user id in future.  The tag was called bracket tag and mat originally I am sure because I wouldn't have called it a bracket tag.  I have looked but will look again.  I am sure the circle was scallop circle.
    Thanks again for the help.
    Daz
    Wow I just went back in and the file is Bracket tag and mat.  This time I just put in bracket and it came up.  It came up as uploaded on 3/13/2010 at 5 15 am User id 3588.  I've been puting and instead of the ampersand thing the user used.
    Daz
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,225
    So this one ?

It appear the are open paths the node on thw tip where the arrow point is open
    it wired the thumbnail the filled

select the shapes click the wrench on the tool bar and select fuse and weld and click optimal
    or you can join them manually used the node edit tool

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    Thanks that is the one.  I am glad its not just me doing something wrongly.  I'll try it.  Thanks to everyone who has helped me.
    Daz
    Yay it worked with the wrench so I'll try that from now on if it happens.  
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,119
    Glad we got it sorted and you have it working so you can fill your shapes with the colors or textures you want.  The key thing to note and remember, is if it doesn't come in with a color fill and you have outline and fill turned on, then the shape is not a "closed" shape, even if it "looks like it".  The quick fix to that to "verify" if it is or isn't is to do the "fuse and weld" as Paul explained how to do above.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)