We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Signcut pro tx issues

mariesvinylsmariesvinyls Member Posts: 3
Hi all I’m a newbie at vinyl cutting I have a pixmax cutter I use signcut pro
When I’m trying to do wall art the fancy joined up writing (great vibes ) where the writing joins up the lines that overlap each other have the lines running through so when the cut is made it’s separating the writing .what am I doing wrong or signcut pro crap software to use can upload a pic if necessary thanks also there’s nothing on signcut to edit the lines out of the tx

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,796
    @mariesvinyls - Welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum, where we support the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters. We don't directly support your software Signcut Pro.

Please do a screen shot and post that as your description of your problem is not very clear. What is "tx"?
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,160
    Yes a picture often helps
    I'm thinking your wanting to create one shape from overlapped letters

In Make the Cut we would use the weld function
    I could be incorrect but after a quick look signcut pro appear to more a cutter interface than a design software
    if so it may not include those functions
    I'm thinking you maybe able to design in another vector software and import the created file to signcut Inkscape would be a no cost option
    other non free options would be  Adobe illustrator  or Corel draw

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • mariesvinylsmariesvinyls Member Posts: 3
    Thanks I use Inkscape for designs, pics etc but on signcut there’s a text option I use that for text as I haven’t figured out how to open the text created in Inkscape with signcut il upload a pic
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,100
    Thanks I use Inkscape for designs, pics etc but on signcut there’s a text option I use that for text as I haven’t figured out how to open the text created in Inkscape with signcut il upload a pic
    One note about text created in Inkscape - it remains text and not a "vector object" until you convert it to an object.  In order for a cutting program to recognize it as an object to be cut, you must convert it to the object in Inkscape before saving the file or exporting it out. 
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • mariesvinylsmariesvinyls Member Posts: 3
    Thanks il av to try Inkscape can be very tricky at times
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,455
    edited March 20
    My suggestion would be to buy Make-The-Cut and use that to create and edit vector cut files.  I've never tried it, but I've heard that Sure Cuts a Lot is a pretty good vector design program and it has a few features that MTC is lacking.