We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Peter Dahmen's Peony Card

CharoCharo Member Posts: 678
I have seen and admired this card many times on Pinterest etc but until @Crazy_Mr_Zing mentioned one of his YouTube videos I didn't know he was sharing his file.  It is an amazing card and the creative mind that dreamed this up is amazing too.
Member 30818

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,290
    edited March 18
    The Long Great , Well Done
    I not sure i would have the patient to assemble that I tried similar complicated form like this all i manage to do was get frustrated and add to my waste paper bin

Peter Dahmen make so wonderful creations
    I rather inspired by this butterfly card it was a commercial consignment Limited addition of 200 card
    I Think i have figured out the basic mechanics of how it works
    I think it could work with other shapes too maybe christmas baubles ?? just have to get motivate to nut it out

Another one the really blows my mind is this concept design of a ring box

and this amazing popup
    which i watched many time and think oh i see how the bit works then realise no I don't?

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,378
    Oh my - those designs are mind blowing.  Haven't even tried to get to grips with this sort of thing.  Maybe one day a lightbulb will go off until that day I will just admire.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,290
    I was sure the some mathematical concept to the angles on V fold which the butterfly bottoms section is but yet I've not found any documentation
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 678
    Wow!  @Crazy_Mr_Zing it took me three tries to get that flower sliced together and if I hadn't cut the pieces in alternating colors I don't think it would be done yet.  It is so simple but the first time around putting it together is not easy.  That jewelry box is incredible.  I saw a popup kind of village he did and I just can't even imagine how he comes up with such things, much less makes them happen.  
    Member 30818