We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Boolean Join with Texture [Resolved]

CharoCharo Member Posts: 686
edited April 22 in Resolved Issues
I have tried everything I can remember and I know I am forgetting something because I have done this before.  The textured shape won't completely fill the green shape.  Have rotated, tried join, tried separating layers and moving them up and down.  What am I forgetting??
Post edited by SBryanW on
Member 30818

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,312
    I really getting what your meaning

this is what i see when i open you file
    is it the pillars that have the issue ?
    what method are you using to apply the texture ?

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 686
    Oh no I attached wrong file!
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing ; here is correct file.
    I even remembered to uncheck auto thing in boulean join; still won't fill entire shape.
    Member 30818
    edited March 17
    First you may wish to perform a break on each shape and remove these  small shapes i assume they are not wanted

also maybe increase the size of the textured shape so the part is covered

Now to fill the green shape with the texture of the other
    the textured shape need to be above the green > which it is

Select both shape do a join and then break
    (usually break does but if something strange happens try split) 

Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    As for you first file I not sure it those white part on the pillars were intended

but it figured out a fix  by altering the texture offset

Oh @Crazy_Mr_Zing.  How simple this was.  I tried everything except the break after joining.  I was so certain the boulean join was supposed to work.
    And you even fixed a file I gave up on a long time ago.
    Now just how DO you remember all this?  Do you make something every day, do you dream MTC in your sleep like Di-lite does?  Do you have notes everywhere??
    Well thank you is all I can say.  I am grateful you are still around on MTC.
    Member 30818
    I remember MTC functions quite well for the most part
    specially this join break one because it always seemed a little like wizardry
    I also spent a great deal of time figuring out how to get around the limitations
    MTC has which it has a few relation to textures and how they are positioned
    if computer says no well I bash away till I find a way sometime it can take a few bouts .
    Apart for that helping others with their issue help me not to forget and often i find a new ways of doing things
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing ; That is a good description of the way the join and break works....wizardry.  Maybe that will help me remember it.
    Member 30818